Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to get behind the team 19:14 - Feb 25 with 3486 viewsitfcsuperblue1978

Now the dust has settled on last Sunday and reading people’s comments in the last week on here, I thought I would throw my hat in the ring. Reflecting on last Sunday’s performance against Norwich, I thought we deserved to win. But I look back on the match in shame! It was embarrassing that a section of our fans was chanting negatively towards our Manager at a Derby match! You should be ashamed of yourselves! At a time, YOUR team needed YOU to get behind them, they had to battle on and block you out! I don’t blame Mick for letting his emotions out, you lot in the Away End would have never heard him or seen him! It was only a big talking point because the cameras picked it up! He was just personally letting his emotions out and sticking a middle finger up at his doubters at that moment. We have all done it before, we have shouted F’ off at other drivers on the road, but would never go up to them and say it face to face!

I think my point is that Mick is a very good and experienced manager! Yes he shoots from the hip and speaks his mind, he isn’t a PR machine for the Club…but he stands up for himself. We weren’t playing the most attractive football when we got in the play-offs, but everyone was still chanting his name.

We have an outside chance of getting in the play-offs. How about just supporting YOUR team? Get your asses down to PR and get behind YOUR team! I’m pretty sure if we didn’t have injuries to the likes of Emyr Huws, Adeyemi and Dozzell we would in the top 6!
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:34 - Feb 26 with 614 viewsBluefish

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:03 - Feb 26 by Benters2

These are the teams i class Ipswich the same as regarding attendance.

Im not worried about size of the city /town etc,no excuses now,we should be near enough the same,if we played exciting football and had a decent manager and owner.

Mick Mills mentioned this the other Saturday.

Leeds,Wolves,Sheffield x2,Norwich,Forest,Brizzle,Brum,Fulham,Cardiff.. even Reading are averaging a 1000 more than town.

You think we are a similar size fan base to Leeds, wolves, the Sheffields etc? Do you understand number of people and proximity of people etc?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:41 - Feb 26 with 599 viewsGlasgowBlue

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:20 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday and Forest? Lolz. The others are fair enough. Cardiff are getting more than us because they're 2nd, their average attendance last season after only being out of the Prem for a year was embarrassing. The Reading comparison is pretty embarrassing for us as they're tinpot, although they did make the play offs last year so that will have given them a bump as it did with us.

We didn’t get a bump the season after making the play offs. Our average home attendance was down by over 1000.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:41 - Feb 26 with 600 viewsBenters2

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:34 - Feb 26 by Bluefish

You think we are a similar size fan base to Leeds, wolves, the Sheffields etc? Do you understand number of people and proximity of people etc?

As Mick Mills said the other Saturday,the people are there,they will come back if the football is enjoyable to watch.

Look at the Playoff game against Norwich,the stadium was rammed,and everybody was buzzing!

We have a good fanbase or we did!
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:45 - Feb 26 with 590 viewsHerbivore

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:41 - Feb 26 by GlasgowBlue

We didn’t get a bump the season after making the play offs. Our average home attendance was down by over 1000.

It was down by around 700, I imagine that was due to no Norwich game and no play off game. We also had big crowds against Brentford and Bournemouth in the run in during the play off season and obviously that wasn't replicated the following year. However, 15/16 still represented a bump compared to our average attendances prior to and after the play off season so it's not unreasonable to think that Reading's attendances are up this season on what would usually be the case. Reading have also had Prem stints way more recently than us, we've had 16 years in this pissing league.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-on-course-for-their-lowest-average-leag
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 9:51]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024