Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lowestoft Town 08:30 - Mar 5 with 6487 viewsBecclesITFC

Morning all,

Lowestoft Town in a financial mess. Players haven’t been payed etc. Worrying times for Suffolk’s second side... If you are bored one weekend and fancy a dose of non-league action these guys could do with your support.

http://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/teams/50851/fixtures-results

Cheers!
Lowestoft Town on 22:10 - Mar 5 with 6200 viewsBLUEBEAT

This is very grim - I hope a solution can be found.

I have a feeling the issues are rooted in the conmen who tried to diddle them a couple of years ago.

Director resigns:
http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2018-03-05/lowestoft-town-chairman-resigns-as-cri

Club financial statement:
http://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-financial-difficulties-2205

Poll: W or W

Lowestoft Town on 22:22 - Mar 5 with 6155 viewsClapham_Junction

Lowestoft Town on 22:10 - Mar 5 by BLUEBEAT

This is very grim - I hope a solution can be found.

I have a feeling the issues are rooted in the conmen who tried to diddle them a couple of years ago.

Director resigns:
http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2018-03-05/lowestoft-town-chairman-resigns-as-cri

Club financial statement:
http://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-financial-difficulties-2205

I read somewhere that the basis of the current problems was the previous owner remortgaging the club's ground to fund their rise through the divisions.
Lowestoft Town on 22:42 - Mar 5 with 6105 viewsBlue_Order

You can’t just make the claim of being Suffolk’s second team, especially when everyone knows that Mildenhall Town are Suffolk’s second team.
Lowestoft Town on 22:47 - Mar 5 with 6085 viewsBaltachaFanClub

Several years ago they went big on the payment of players, quite high money for the standard they were at.

I think when I first saw lads walking about with tracksuits Reading lowestoft academy I said to my mates, that it is a bold investment considering how non league is a financial money pit. Teams go bust and reform as often as some people buy a round of beer.

On top of that, the system is corrupt, when an east Anglian team does progress the decision as to whether they are placed in the lucrative “south” or the travel laden “north” is quite the lottery,
I can’t remember the teams but in one central county there are two teams about 10 miles apart, the more northern team is richer, and plays souther league, the southern team is a working men’s club team and got placed in the north, it basically crippled them.
(Sorry I can’t remember, been down my local)
I follow Tranmere Rovers when not with Ipswich, and the once famous teams you stumble across in the wastelands of non league is astonishing.
The stories which go hand in hand with these teams are nothing short of Hollywood script, business men draining resources, dodgy deals, eventually the pursuit of professional football has taken its toll. Some of these teams, Leyton Orient, Tranmere too, were once on the verge of premiership football, now they scrap it out for the all too slim chances of promotion back to league two.

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

Lowestoft Town on 22:49 - Mar 5 with 6075 viewsBLUEBEAT

Lowestoft Town on 22:42 - Mar 5 by Blue_Order

You can’t just make the claim of being Suffolk’s second team, especially when everyone knows that Mildenhall Town are Suffolk’s second team.

Everyone knows? Don’t think so. That’s like saying Norwich are East Anglia’s Biggest team.

They’re eleven years older than Mildenhall Town and have a far superior honours list and continue to play in a higher league.

Lowestoft Town on 23:00 - Mar 5 with 6044 viewsClapham_Junction

Lowestoft Town on 22:49 - Mar 5 by BLUEBEAT

Everyone knows? Don’t think so. That’s like saying Norwich are East Anglia’s Biggest team.

They’re eleven years older than Mildenhall Town and have a far superior honours list and continue to play in a higher league.

Based on overall historic achievements, I'd say Bury Town are probably the second club in the county. Lowestoft didn't leave the Eastern Counties League until the late 2000s, whereas Bury had played in the Metropolitan and Southern Leagues for several years.

Sudbury also have a better historical record than Lowestoft. Their 10th place finish in the Southern League Premier Division in 1995/96 is the highest achieved by any Suffolk non-league club in the modern pyramid. They are also (as far as I'm aware) the only non-league club from the county to have beaten Football League opposition in the FA Cup (Brighton in 1996/97).
Lowestoft Town on 23:22 - Mar 5 with 6003 viewsjaykay

http://thearsenalcollection.org.uk/arsenal-v-leiston-fa-youth-cup-saturday-octob
the second highest placed suffolk side at the moment

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Lowestoft Town on 23:31 - Mar 5 with 5982 viewsBLUEBEAT

Lowestoft Town on 23:00 - Mar 5 by Clapham_Junction

Based on overall historic achievements, I'd say Bury Town are probably the second club in the county. Lowestoft didn't leave the Eastern Counties League until the late 2000s, whereas Bury had played in the Metropolitan and Southern Leagues for several years.

Sudbury also have a better historical record than Lowestoft. Their 10th place finish in the Southern League Premier Division in 1995/96 is the highest achieved by any Suffolk non-league club in the modern pyramid. They are also (as far as I'm aware) the only non-league club from the county to have beaten Football League opposition in the FA Cup (Brighton in 1996/97).

So certainly not Mildenhall Town then.

Login to get fewer ads

Lowestoft Town on 07:06 - Mar 6 with 5853 viewsBluefish

Lowestoft Town on 23:31 - Mar 5 by BLUEBEAT

So certainly not Mildenhall Town then.

Ah yes but I played for mildenhall town so the Hall are clearly miles better

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lowestoft Town on 08:26 - Mar 6 with 5797 viewsBLUEBEAT

Lowestoft Town on 07:06 - Mar 6 by Bluefish

Ah yes but I played for mildenhall town so the Hall are clearly miles better

Their pitch is on a 1:5 hill.

Nickname should be The Hill, not The Hall.

Lowestoft Town on 08:27 - Mar 6 with 5793 viewsBluefish

Lowestoft Town on 08:26 - Mar 6 by BLUEBEAT

Their pitch is on a 1:5 hill.

Nickname should be The Hill, not The Hall.

Not as bad as it used to be in my day. They levelled it off a bit

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lowestoft Town on 10:35 - Mar 6 with 5704 viewsArnieM

Well given me and my mate were given a load of verbal abuse from Lowestoft players ( calling us binners , and scum, etc) at a service station, on our way back from a game,
( and they clearly were travelling back from one of their games). I hope they go under financially . they're a load of failed scummers, and are clearly budgie lovers and NOT Town fans .Feck em !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Lowestoft Town on 12:09 - Mar 6 with 5587 viewsBecclesITFC

Lowestoft Town on 10:35 - Mar 6 by ArnieM

Well given me and my mate were given a load of verbal abuse from Lowestoft players ( calling us binners , and scum, etc) at a service station, on our way back from a game,
( and they clearly were travelling back from one of their games). I hope they go under financially . they're a load of failed scummers, and are clearly budgie lovers and NOT Town fans .Feck em !

That surprises me, I would suggest that the average crowed at LTFC is 70/30 with Ipswich. So they are calling their own fans that? Not saying it didn't happen and i'm pretty sure if the management would of heard that they would of been well and truly slapped for that....
Lowestoft Town on 12:11 - Mar 6 with 5579 viewsBLUEBEAT

Lowestoft Town on 12:09 - Mar 6 by BecclesITFC

That surprises me, I would suggest that the average crowed at LTFC is 70/30 with Ipswich. So they are calling their own fans that? Not saying it didn't happen and i'm pretty sure if the management would of heard that they would of been well and truly slapped for that....

72% Ipswich fans in a survey shown in one of their programmes a couple of seasons ago.

Lowestoft Town on 12:29 - Mar 6 with 5541 viewsbournemouthblue

Lowestoft Town on 23:00 - Mar 5 by Clapham_Junction

I take it that is the old Conference South?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Lowestoft Town on 12:31 - Mar 6 with 5536 viewsBecclesITFC

Lowestoft Town on 12:11 - Mar 6 by BLUEBEAT

72% Ipswich fans in a survey shown in one of their programmes a couple of seasons ago.

Think playing in blue is a big factor. Will be going tonight, only been once this season so looking forward to it....
Lowestoft Town on 12:55 - Mar 6 with 5496 viewsClapham_Junction

Lowestoft Town on 12:29 - Mar 6 by bournemouthblue

I take it that is the old Conference South?

The Conference South was created in 2004. Before that the Northern Premier League, Southern League and Isthmian League's premier divisions were the level below the conference.

I remember watching Rushden & Diamonds play at Sudbury in the season they were promoted to the Conference. It was also shortly after they had signed Carl Alford for a then-record fee for a non-league club, and I think Sudbury won 4-1. Sudbury had a very good team back then - managed by former Arsenal player Richie Powling and several former pros, half of whom were ex-Col U. However, the FA Cup run in 96/97 is alleged to be one thing that led to the ruin of the club - the match against Brighton was played at home, but when they drew Brentford in the second round, the match was moved to Layer Road. Unfortunately the crowd ended up being much smaller than expected (possibly even lower than for the Brighton game) and they lost quite a bit of money.
Lowestoft Town on 14:39 - Mar 6 with 5400 viewsBLUEBEAT

Lowestoft Town on 12:31 - Mar 6 by BecclesITFC

Think playing in blue is a big factor. Will be going tonight, only been once this season so looking forward to it....

Think they have more ex-ITFC registered players on the books than Budgies this season.

Lowestoft Town on 17:16 - Mar 6 with 5337 viewsshoopdelang

Who cares
Lowestoft Town on 17:41 - Mar 6 with 5313 viewsStuartBrett8

Lowestoft Town on 12:31 - Mar 6 by BecclesITFC

I think the games been postponed, after all the build up of support your local town and club etc...

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Lowestoft Town on 17:47 - Mar 6 with 5303 viewsBecclesITFC

Lowestoft Town on 17:41 - Mar 6 by StuartBrett8

I think the games been postponed, after all the build up of support your local town and club etc...

Haha, yes I see that. Oh well I tried.
Lowestoft Town on 17:49 - Mar 6 with 5300 viewsBecclesITFC

Lowestoft Town on 17:16 - Mar 6 by shoopdelang

Who cares

Thankyou for your input.
Lowestoft Town on 18:35 - Mar 6 with 5272 viewsMillsey

When I Home and itfc aren’t I’m there 👍👍👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024