Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big one this weekend 12:59 - Mar 21 with 5663 viewsTractorWood

Who's going.......................

Colchester half marathon that is, anyone done it before and got any tips?
[Post edited 21 Mar 2018 12:59]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Big one this weekend on 16:51 - Mar 25 with 836 viewssohamblue74

Well done all those who ran Colchester or London landmarks.
Are any of you running the London marathon in a few weeks? I'll be spectating on Embankment up near Westminster this year.
I ran the Wymondham 20 miler this morning in just under 2h 55m. Very happy with that.
Added bonus was running the last 5 miles with a lovely lady from Lowestoft runners. Great to have some company and conversation on the long rural events.
That's 1 of my 3 long runs in the bag nice and early on the training plan for Edinburgh marathon at the end of May.
Also have the 15 mile 2nd leg on the Manchester marathon in 2 weeks as part of a family relay team.
Happy running all!
Big one this weekend on 17:25 - Mar 25 with 822 viewsitfcjoe

Big one this weekend on 11:35 - Mar 25 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

How did everyone get on? Waiting for the official time from Colchester but looks like a 1:47-something. Think that’s my best for a couple of years - very happy with that especially given the complete lack of training and preparation!

Course was quite enjoyable too - although going out to Boxted and back felt like an absolute slog. Mind you I’m not sure I’ve found a course that doesn’t after 9+ miles!

EDIT: Turns out my chip time was 1:46:42 which was a PB by 5 seconds, so buzzing at that!
[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 14:55]

2:13 for me, I know that’s not fast but I’m delighted with it - was struggling with the 3 minute sections of Couch to 5k when I started it last May!

My realistic target was 2:15, not been able to get out the last few weeks was frustrating and hopefully I can take some minutes of that at the Ipswich one in September!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Big one this weekend on 19:20 - Mar 25 with 787 viewsTractorWood

Big one this weekend on 17:25 - Mar 25 by itfcjoe

2:13 for me, I know that’s not fast but I’m delighted with it - was struggling with the 3 minute sections of Couch to 5k when I started it last May!

My realistic target was 2:15, not been able to get out the last few weeks was frustrating and hopefully I can take some minutes of that at the Ipswich one in September!

Well done, Joe. Fantastic progress inside a year. Did you hit the wall?
[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 19:20]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Big one this weekend on 20:12 - Mar 25 with 778 viewsitfcjoe

Big one this weekend on 19:20 - Mar 25 by TractorWood

Well done, Joe. Fantastic progress inside a year. Did you hit the wall?
[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 19:20]

About 18km in I really struggled for the last 3, pace dropped from about 6:10/km to 6:45/km and I just couldn’t get going - but kept on running which was pleasing!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024