Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody else been watching 'Pilgrimage ' on BBC2...... 21:50 - Mar 23 with 1754 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

.......cracking good watch!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anybody else been watching 'Pilgrimage ' on BBC2...... on 21:55 - Mar 23 with 1746 viewsBloomBlue

What is it about?
Anybody else been watching 'Pilgrimage ' on BBC2...... on 21:58 - Mar 23 with 1742 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anybody else been watching 'Pilgrimage ' on BBC2...... on 21:55 - Mar 23 by BloomBlue

What is it about?

Walking the ciampino santiago de compostela and perspectives on religion.

Anybody else been watching 'Pilgrimage ' on BBC2...... on 22:00 - Mar 23 with 1740 viewsBloomBlue

Anybody else been watching 'Pilgrimage ' on BBC2...... on 21:58 - Mar 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

I knew someone who walked that, took him nearly a month to walk it
Anybody else been watching 'Pilgrimage ' on BBC2...... on 22:02 - Mar 23 with 1733 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Anybody else been watching 'Pilgrimage ' on BBC2...... on 21:58 - Mar 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

The scenery & countryside look fckn amazing, another area on the bucket list to visit.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Anybody else been watching 'Pilgrimage ' on BBC2...... on 22:11 - Mar 23 with 1720 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anybody else been watching 'Pilgrimage ' on BBC2...... on 22:02 - Mar 23 by StochesStotasBlewe

The scenery & countryside look fckn amazing, another area on the bucket list to visit.

Would love to do the Pyrenees section. My mum and dad cycled it years ago and mum now wants to leave an engraved chunk of granite (engraved by a friend) with some of his ashes along the route somewhere. Maybe we will end up at the high point (featured tonight) where the pile of rocks and stones deposited by pilgrims is. Not the most scenic section, but it is next to a road, which is handy as it is huge and bloody heavy! We shall see.

Anybody else been watching 'Pilgrimage ' on BBC2...... on 22:39 - Mar 23 with 1703 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Anybody else been watching 'Pilgrimage ' on BBC2...... on 22:11 - Mar 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

Would love to do the Pyrenees section. My mum and dad cycled it years ago and mum now wants to leave an engraved chunk of granite (engraved by a friend) with some of his ashes along the route somewhere. Maybe we will end up at the high point (featured tonight) where the pile of rocks and stones deposited by pilgrims is. Not the most scenic section, but it is next to a road, which is handy as it is huge and bloody heavy! We shall see.

A lovely thing to do in his memory. Was thinking of visiting Northern Spain a while back, kind of put it to the back of my mind tbh, but watching this has re-ignited the interest, as it,s not subjected to the mass tourism, and being a tightarse, be a fair bit cheaper. Will have to persuade Mrs Pinewood for next year though as she,s wanting to do Cadiz area this Autumn, to be fair, so do i.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Anybody else been watching 'Pilgrimage ' on BBC2...... on 01:09 - Mar 24 with 1679 viewsfactual_blue

Apparently employers in Spain expect to see on your CV that you've done at least 100km of the walk.

Inevitably there are as a consequence rackets - you can pay people to do it for you, and there's a black market in the passport stamps you collect en route.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 9:50]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anybody else been watching 'Pilgrimage ' on BBC2...... on 01:13 - Mar 24 with 1675 viewsfactual_blue

Anybody else been watching 'Pilgrimage ' on BBC2...... on 22:11 - Mar 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

When we were in China last year one of our party calmly announced as we were going through security at Shanghai airport that she'd scattered some of her mum's ashes at the Great Wall of China. She hadn't had permission, as apparently there were 'loads of forms' to fill in before you could transport human remains on an Emirates flight.

I shudder to think what would have happened had the Chinese caught her.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Anybody else been watching 'Pilgrimage ' on BBC2...... on 01:15 - Mar 24 with 1671 viewsconnorscontract

Anybody else been watching 'Pilgrimage ' on BBC2...... on 22:02 - Mar 23 by StochesStotasBlewe

If you ever go then make sure you go on to San Sebastian. Amazing, buzzy, compact, old city centre that is full of Basque tapas bars and just comes alive at night.

I might do the Camino next year.
Anybody else been watching 'Pilgrimage ' on BBC2...... on 07:15 - Mar 24 with 1619 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Anybody else been watching 'Pilgrimage ' on BBC2...... on 01:15 - Mar 24 by connorscontract

If you ever go then make sure you go on to San Sebastian. Amazing, buzzy, compact, old city centre that is full of Basque tapas bars and just comes alive at night.

I might do the Camino next year.

Thanks, San Sabastian looks the sort of place we would enjoy a few days or so exploring.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024