Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick 14:58 - Mar 29 with 7072 viewsMaySixth

how about us?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 02:54 - Mar 30 with 898 viewstextbackup

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 01:03 - Mar 30 by RoyKeanesDog

To be fair they were relegated to the division Mick got them promoted from, which makes the whole debate a moot point.

You must be happy with the news mate? I'm guessing you'll be harmonious at Portman Road from now until the end of the season? I hope there is a relatively civil atmosphere from now on, and that he gets a decent send off.

I woke up to the news, 88 wassaps messages, so needless to say my night shift day sleep was ruined. spent most of morning unable to get back to sleep!

regarding being at PR, two days ago I emailed to cancel my season ticket, today I emailed back to cancel the cancellation.

Hull game, I admit, I gave him a bit, first time ive done it (decent considering its been 2.5 years ive wanted him gone for) I cant see the announcement will really change much in terms of atmosphere.

he's openly admitted he'll now be playing that game of golf he previous might not have, and he's not planning ahead (fair play he doesn't have to) so really see no reason why he's here for 8 more games. seems massively pointless IMO, he'll not give two shts.

the send off will be (at most) 2000 in the ground clapping players off

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 03:29 - Mar 30 with 879 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 02:54 - Mar 30 by textbackup

I woke up to the news, 88 wassaps messages, so needless to say my night shift day sleep was ruined. spent most of morning unable to get back to sleep!

regarding being at PR, two days ago I emailed to cancel my season ticket, today I emailed back to cancel the cancellation.

Hull game, I admit, I gave him a bit, first time ive done it (decent considering its been 2.5 years ive wanted him gone for) I cant see the announcement will really change much in terms of atmosphere.

he's openly admitted he'll now be playing that game of golf he previous might not have, and he's not planning ahead (fair play he doesn't have to) so really see no reason why he's here for 8 more games. seems massively pointless IMO, he'll not give two shts.

I’d like to think the atmosphere will change tbh.

There’s absolutely no point if fans continue to chant ‘get out of our club’ and ‘your football is sh1t’ when we already know he’s going.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 03:45 - Mar 30 with 875 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 02:54 - Mar 30 by textbackup

I was one of the last in the 'wouldn't be opposed to keeping him on' camp, but after Hull and Sheffield United I was seething. I know I haven't been able to watch this season, but I still think I've managed to gauge an idea on what it's been like.

After a relatively good run of results, which could've easily been even better, we found ourselves in a nothing to lose situation where we had an outside shot of the play-offs without risk of relegation. Those line ups were baffling and insulting IMO.

I think the relationship with the fans was escalated due to a catch 22 situation. A minority gave him dog's abuse, which resulted in a reaction from MM. This resulted in more fans turning against him, which provoked a stronger reaction. This repeated itself to the point that the ratio of fans giving him abuse almost became the majority. The one thing I'll resent Mick for is the fact he never made enough effort to make a point of saying he knew it wasn't all of the fans.

I do think that the atmosphere from the fans has hindered us the last two seasons. I don't care what people say about professional footballers shouldn't be influenced by the crowd- it's human nature.

I'd like to think that the fans don't see giving MM abuse as a priority for the rest of the season because they no longer need to make it clear to Evans that he isn't wanted

I'll admit he has made some stupid comments during his time here, a few stupid decisions, and hasn't offered the style of football we have been spoilt with in the past. Despite this he saved us from relegation, came to closest to getting us promoted since Joe Royle, and even reinstalled pride and excitement for the fans, even if it deteriorated.

The last 4 managers we have had have all left the club after having the fans turn on them. It's for that reason I don't want Mogga- I don't trust our fans to learn their lesson after they way they treated Magilton.

Poll: Best Football Song

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 04:04 - Mar 30 with 868 viewstextbackup

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 03:29 - Mar 30 by The_Romford_Blue

I’d like to think the atmosphere will change tbh.

There’s absolutely no point if fans continue to chant ‘get out of our club’ and ‘your football is sh1t’ when we already know he’s going.

there's absolutely no point him remaining here knowing he's going. these 8 games aren't going to be some sort of hero's send off, he does deserve 8 more games as a token gesture. it'll be a circus from both sides.

him staying for 8 games when he and ME know that the team wont be getting 100% from him sums up what a pointless owner ME is

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 04:10 - Mar 30 with 867 viewstextbackup

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 03:45 - Mar 30 by RoyKeanesDog

I was one of the last in the 'wouldn't be opposed to keeping him on' camp, but after Hull and Sheffield United I was seething. I know I haven't been able to watch this season, but I still think I've managed to gauge an idea on what it's been like.

After a relatively good run of results, which could've easily been even better, we found ourselves in a nothing to lose situation where we had an outside shot of the play-offs without risk of relegation. Those line ups were baffling and insulting IMO.

I think the relationship with the fans was escalated due to a catch 22 situation. A minority gave him dog's abuse, which resulted in a reaction from MM. This resulted in more fans turning against him, which provoked a stronger reaction. This repeated itself to the point that the ratio of fans giving him abuse almost became the majority. The one thing I'll resent Mick for is the fact he never made enough effort to make a point of saying he knew it wasn't all of the fans.

I do think that the atmosphere from the fans has hindered us the last two seasons. I don't care what people say about professional footballers shouldn't be influenced by the crowd- it's human nature.

I'd like to think that the fans don't see giving MM abuse as a priority for the rest of the season because they no longer need to make it clear to Evans that he isn't wanted

I'll admit he has made some stupid comments during his time here, a few stupid decisions, and hasn't offered the style of football we have been spoilt with in the past. Despite this he saved us from relegation, came to closest to getting us promoted since Joe Royle, and even reinstalled pride and excitement for the fans, even if it deteriorated.

The last 4 managers we have had have all left the club after having the fans turn on them. It's for that reason I don't want Mogga- I don't trust our fans to learn their lesson after they way they treated Magilton.

every club has thick fans, but we seem to have more than the average. some of the comments on here and other sites makes me really wonder wtf people think most of the time, kuqi as manager? I mean, come on.

everytime we've had a chance to close the gap on the top 6-8 we've blown it, Blackburn away we blew it, common thing with MM, he's so ultra negative that that also rubs off on the players.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024