Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst has a more impressive CV anyway 12:46 - May 23 with 1224 viewsIllinoisblue

Although i concede Ross was the sexier choice.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Hurst has a more impressive CV anyway on 12:49 - May 23 with 1210 viewsportmanking

This isn't all about CVs though, which I fear is what Evans' business mind is focused firmly on.

Ross seems to have the lot: personality, charisma, drive, attacking-minded and a good man manager.

Hurst may be a good man manager but he's not going to get bums back on seats and nor is he going play on the front foot like we all want.
Hurst has a more impressive CV anyway on 12:51 - May 23 with 1188 viewsSteve_M

Yes, Joe's comment about Ross having a lower floor but higher potential is right I think./

Also, why he would appeal to Evans less than Hurst might.

Had we not had the Ross link though, people would be quite excited about Hurst. I wonder what the odds are on Shrewsbury going up are?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Hurst has a more impressive CV anyway on 12:53 - May 23 with 1151 viewsHerbivore

Hurst is the better candidate imo. He's not given any flashy interviews that are available on.YouTube though a apparently he's not up to the job.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hurst has a more impressive CV anyway on 12:55 - May 23 with 1128 viewsportmanking

Hurst has a more impressive CV anyway on 12:53 - May 23 by Herbivore

Hurst is the better candidate imo. He's not given any flashy interviews that are available on.YouTube though a apparently he's not up to the job.

None of what Ross has done has been flashy either. He's just refreshing, charismatic, forward-thinking and upwardly mobile.

Hurst is dour and is not going to get the town and county believing in the club again.
Certain fans seemed to become obsessed.... on 12:56 - May 23 with 1119 viewsBloots

....with Ross because he had an accent and wore cardigans.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Hurst has a more impressive CV anyway on 13:00 - May 23 with 1095 viewsHerbivore

Hurst has a more impressive CV anyway on 12:55 - May 23 by portmanking

None of what Ross has done has been flashy either. He's just refreshing, charismatic, forward-thinking and upwardly mobile.

Hurst is dour and is not going to get the town and county believing in the club again.

Hurst is dour? He seems quite considers and softly spoken but I don't think dour is remotely accurate. It's weird how a range of myths have been built up about both Ross and Hurst, mainly by people that have barely heard them speak or watched their sides play.

Hurst has a more impressive CV anyway on 13:04 - May 23 with 1079 viewsportmanking

Hurst has a more impressive CV anyway on 13:00 - May 23 by Herbivore

Hurst is dour? He seems quite considers and softly spoken but I don't think dour is remotely accurate. It's weird how a range of myths have been built up about both Ross and Hurst, mainly by people that have barely heard them speak or watched their sides play.

Yes, he's absolutely dour. He's not someone that whets the appetite for the next season that's for sure. In my local there's a Shrewsbury fan who lives in Stowmarket and goes home and away and says well-organised and hard to beat are the main attributes of the Salop side. Sound familiar? The (majority) of the Town faithful want something different.
Hurst has a more impressive CV anyway on 13:10 - May 23 with 1059 viewsHerbivore

Hurst has a more impressive CV anyway on 13:04 - May 23 by portmanking

Yes, he's absolutely dour. He's not someone that whets the appetite for the next season that's for sure. In my local there's a Shrewsbury fan who lives in Stowmarket and goes home and away and says well-organised and hard to beat are the main attributes of the Salop side. Sound familiar? The (majority) of the Town faithful want something different.

Have you seen them play? They keep it on the deck, the defence is encouraged to pass or carry the ball out of defence and the midfield players are encouraged to run with the ball. They express themselves well. Yes they are also well organised and hard working, I don't see why that's an issue. They are Shrewsbury, one of the smallest and least resourced sides in their league, they aren't going to achieve anything without hard work and nor will we. I love how Hurst, one of the best young managers in the football league, has been rebranded as some kind of terrible clogger because a load of our fans fell in love with a man in a cardigan. Get a grip, we'd be lucky to get Hurst.

Login to get fewer ads

Hurst has a more impressive CV anyway on 13:13 - May 23 with 1039 viewschristiand

Aren't we all being a little presumptuous? Paul Hurst could quite conceivably turn us down too!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Hurst has a more impressive CV anyway on 13:13 - May 23 with 1034 viewsportmanking

Hurst has a more impressive CV anyway on 13:10 - May 23 by Herbivore

Have you seen them play? They keep it on the deck, the defence is encouraged to pass or carry the ball out of defence and the midfield players are encouraged to run with the ball. They express themselves well. Yes they are also well organised and hard working, I don't see why that's an issue. They are Shrewsbury, one of the smallest and least resourced sides in their league, they aren't going to achieve anything without hard work and nor will we. I love how Hurst, one of the best young managers in the football league, has been rebranded as some kind of terrible clogger because a load of our fans fell in love with a man in a cardigan. Get a grip, we'd be lucky to get Hurst.

Yep, seen them play 4-5 times this season.

Got in the faces of West Ham very well on two occasions and seen them on other occasions too. They have a big man up top in Carlton Morris (loaned from Norwich) so it's safe to say there's a definite element of direct footy involved. Not a ringing endorsement either if they've been 'expressing themselves' and only scoring 60 goals in the process.

It's nothing to do with a cardigan, it was to do with an ethos and a identity that many other readers on here attracted to with Ross.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024