Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I feel a little bit sorry for the state of Scottish football 12:17 - Jul 19 with 1009 viewsDanFord

Celtic are a massive club, Rangers are, but are miles off. But Aberdeen, pretty much the third biggest club have sold their top scorer from last season to a club in the English fifth division. Not only that but a club just promoted to that level. I appreciate Salford are ambitious and have some wedge but it's still telling that a club that are probably 100th - 110th on our pyramid are attractive to players 3rd on their pyramid. We've got a great history with Scottish players ourselves (I know Rooney is Irish) https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44877537

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

I feel a little bit sorry for the state of Scottish football on 12:19 - Jul 19 with 993 viewshype313

Salford are bankrolled by the guy that owns Valencia, if it was owned by the owner of a local double glazing company then I could understand.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I feel a little bit sorry for the state of Scottish football on 12:29 - Jul 19 with 925 viewsTheBlueBarca

A few of us on here were desperate to hire a manager form the Scottish second tier not so long ago... until Sunderland was more attractive to him and we moved back to wanting Hurst. It really is the third world in footballing terms now, Scots cannot even break into English teams in the top tier in the way they used to back in the day. They've essentially been replaced by players from Europe, Africa and South America.

Having said that, even young English players now struggle to break into the big sides, I mean how many English players were fielded in the Champions League Final? 3? A pretty poor showing overall. There were only 9 English players (out of what 40) in the Man City squad that wiped the league, with only 4 of them being first team players. The question is, why aren't English players good enough to play for the top sides given how much resources we have for developing football and the strength of wealth in the game here?

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

I feel a little bit sorry for the state of Scottish football on 12:29 - Jul 19 with 925 viewsSuperblue95

The fact he thrived in the Scottish Prem, despite being a failure at just about every club he was at in England, sums up the Scottish league without even needing to mention the fact he's left them for Salford

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

I feel a little bit sorry for the state of Scottish football on 12:31 - Jul 19 with 907 viewsDanFord

I feel a little bit sorry for the state of Scottish football on 12:19 - Jul 19 by hype313

Salford are bankrolled by the guy that owns Valencia, if it was owned by the owner of a local double glazing company then I could understand.

I know Salford have money. The fact is that what they are prepared to pay at that level is going to be more than others, a lot more, but it shouldn't be close to what he can get for a Scottish side in the Europa League. But it is. Because of how poor Scottish football is currently.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

I feel a little bit sorry for the state of Scottish football on 13:52 - Jul 19 with 793 viewschristiand

I feel a little bit sorry for the state of Scottish football on 12:31 - Jul 19 by DanFord

I know Salford have money. The fact is that what they are prepared to pay at that level is going to be more than others, a lot more, but it shouldn't be close to what he can get for a Scottish side in the Europa League. But it is. Because of how poor Scottish football is currently.

It’s a sad state of affairs that one of Scotland’s marquee sides in Aberdeen can’t financially compete with a side from the National Conference. Both Salford City and Billericay Town will be an interesting watch this season. Billericay have invested again in their squad, a certain Simon Walton has signed for them.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024