Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England U19's - 5 nil down to France U19's 17:59 - Jul 23 with 1251 viewsbournemouthblue

I assume this is one of weaker year groups amongst the decent performers either side of them?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

England U19's - 5 nil down to France U19's on 18:03 - Jul 23 with 1218 viewsfloridaboy

Assume Trevoh and Morris will be back with the club later on in the week.

Didn't England need a draw to progress to the semi finals?
England U19's - 5 nil down to France U19's on 18:05 - Jul 23 with 1211 viewsitfcjoe

A strong year, but with lots of pull outs and a system that doesn’t get best out of players.

We’ve played 4231 at every age group for years and had success - but gone 3 at the back as, presumably main side are

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

England U19's - 5 nil down to France U19's on 18:05 - Jul 23 with 1196 viewsitfcjoe

England U19's - 5 nil down to France U19's on 18:03 - Jul 23 by floridaboy

Assume Trevoh and Morris will be back with the club later on in the week.

Didn't England need a draw to progress to the semi finals?

There is a play off game so won’t be as soon as you’d expect

England U19's - 5 nil down to France U19's on 21:57 - Jul 23 with 960 viewsm14_blue

England U19's - 5 nil down to France U19's on 18:05 - Jul 23 by itfcjoe

A strong year, but with lots of pull outs and a system that doesn’t get best out of players.

We’ve played 4231 at every age group for years and had success - but gone 3 at the back as, presumably main side are

Isn't that crazy?

I know it's the new fashion to install a philosophy etc across the age groups and I get that but surely it shouldn't extend to something as changeable as the formation? Develop players who are comfortable on the ball and adaptable to tactical changes, don't make them play in unfamiliar systems just because it happens to suit the senior team at the moment.

I can't believe that a handful of game playing in 3 at the back when you're 18, followed by a full season playing differently at your club, will actually make any difference at all.

Winning a tournament playing their usual system is surely better for their development than getting spanked in a 5?
England U19's - 5 nil down to France U19's on 08:20 - Jul 24 with 816 viewsitfcjoe

England U19's - 5 nil down to France U19's on 21:57 - Jul 23 by m14_blue

Isn't that crazy?

I know it's the new fashion to install a philosophy etc across the age groups and I get that but surely it shouldn't extend to something as changeable as the formation? Develop players who are comfortable on the ball and adaptable to tactical changes, don't make them play in unfamiliar systems just because it happens to suit the senior team at the moment.

I can't believe that a handful of game playing in 3 at the back when you're 18, followed by a full season playing differently at your club, will actually make any difference at all.

Winning a tournament playing their usual system is surely better for their development than getting spanked in a 5?

It's mad - and it's more that the coaches aren't used to coaching the formation either.

The only time an England underage side looked good in that formation in recent memory is Toulon a couple of years back where they had the Chelsea manager (who plays that style) and Southgate's assistant Steve Holland there too, who has coached it a lot.

It seems a baffling decision, and but for the second half of first game we've looked poor. And like the senior team, and other youth tournaments we take too long to change it up if it isn't working, and make subs way too late. In the first game the manager said it is the hottest conditions he's ever experienced, but made 1 sub with 10 minutes left then played basically the same team for next 2 games.

Hopefully they go back to 4231 vs Norway and nick a qualification spot for the U20 World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024