Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst gets it better than Milne doesn't he? 08:14 - Jul 24 with 3251 viewsMullet

Taking aim at the damage done at the end of last season by the negativity and how it affects the players, without blaming the fans responsible (not that they'd accept that) or mincing his words. That might not actually mean much, but when put with his other less diplomatic interviews we're seeing someone decisively make an impression aren't we?

It will be interesting how and when criticising players publicly makes a difference, he has the advantage of not being attached to previous issues, and his players not being here long enough to bear the brunt of his ire. However, in six months time you'd hope we're not hearing stuff like this.

I think it's pretty clear what the scale of the job is, what shoes he has to fill and how we'll probably see sales to fund much more in terms of signings. The derby suddenly looks like an early watershed moment.

Not on sky, the scum at their weakest for years and if he gets that victory it well, it just makes such a great platform to build on regardless of how the prior games go. If we can start anywhere approaching how we did last season he's got a good chance of getting back that spirit of 3 or so years ago which was such a weapon week in week out I felt.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hurst gets it better than Milne doesn't he? on 09:26 - Jul 24 with 499 viewsCaptainObvious

He was talking about the football (going backwards on the pitch), not the fans!

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Hurst gets it better than Milne doesn't he? on 09:59 - Jul 24 with 455 viewsitfcjoe

Hurst gets it better than Milne doesn't he? on 09:04 - Jul 24 by Reuser_is_God

Players were risk averse long before the atmosphere became negative.

I think Mick tried to play to players strengths - so when better players were fit they played in a style that suited them.

The difference Emyr Huws made to our side was noticeable in his fleeting appearances last year, when Dozzell played he was getting the ball from back 4 which no-one else did. Bishop, Williams, McGoldrick never seemed to play in a restrained way (when fit) - the same with Lawrence and Ryan Fraser.

But ultimately, whether it be by poor squad management, too intensive training, bad luck, lack of sports science, lack of listening to advice on more modern methods or whatever - the fact we couldn't keep our best players fit meant that Mick felt forced into playing more risk averse football.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024