Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ME - Tilt & Townsend 09:00 - Jul 25 with 1626 viewsnrb1985

I have never had a bad word to say about ME but given how light we are currently with season just around the corner, what is the point in trying to save a few hundred thousand here and there on these two players?

He is estimated to be worth 750m, so say he gets an average of 5% ROE on all his assets, his income is roughly between 35-40m PA.

I simply cannot see the business or football logic in this strategy in going down to the wire to save roughly 400k. If we don't get some more bodies in we are fcked.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 9:01]
ME - Tilt & Townsend on 09:03 - Jul 25 with 1575 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Calm down.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

ME - Tilt & Townsend on 09:07 - Jul 25 with 1537 viewsWD19

ME - Tilt & Townsend on 09:08 - Jul 25 with 1518 viewsnrb1985

ME - Tilt & Townsend on 09:03 - Jul 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Calm down.

I'll be a lot calmer when we have more than one recognised senior central defender.
ME - Tilt & Townsend on 09:10 - Jul 25 with 1491 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

ME - Tilt & Townsend on 09:08 - Jul 25 by nrb1985

I'll be a lot calmer when we have more than one recognised senior central defender.

It'll come.

To be fair thats over doing it.

Chambers and Wolfenden are recongnised CB's. Looks like Wolfie is expected to make an impression on the first team

We also have Chalobah, Spence and Knudsen who can play at CB.

I do agree that we need at least 1 more CB.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

ME - Tilt & Townsend on 09:14 - Jul 25 with 1467 viewscasanovacrow

a few hundred thousand is a few hundred thousand. It all adds up.

If needed we can always pay full price at the last moment . Chances are the prices are inflated until they have found a suitable replacement, then when they do find one they'll knock off that few hundred thousand ...so you can put that to good use too.

Selling clubs often would also rather less money but with time to do something with it than get the full fee but have no time for replacing a player. *Cough* Murphy

I still think we'll have another 3-5 players in, probably towards the end when one team or other loses their cool n triggers a chain.
ME - Tilt & Townsend on 09:16 - Jul 25 with 1448 viewsSquatterMadras

Why have you never had a bad word to say about ME? Have you only just started supporting Town?

Poll: What has Evans lent ITFC in total over the 3 financial years 2015-2017?

ME - Tilt & Townsend on 09:17 - Jul 25 with 1440 viewsnrb1985

ME - Tilt & Townsend on 09:10 - Jul 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

It'll come.

To be fair thats over doing it.

Chambers and Wolfenden are recongnised CB's. Looks like Wolfie is expected to make an impression on the first team

We also have Chalobah, Spence and Knudsen who can play at CB.

I do agree that we need at least 1 more CB.

Fine.

But for a bloke worth that much can you tell me where the risk/reward is in waiting until the last min to save c.1% of your average annual income?

The upside is minimal but potential downside is huge.
ME - Tilt & Townsend on 09:18 - Jul 25 with 1419 viewsBasuco

I think you have very successfully pointed out the very reason that ME is worth £750 million, think of it like buying a second hand car, it may be priced at £10,000 but we always look to knock the price down a bit, by percentage wise by a very small amount but we still all do it and risk losing the car for a measly £100. It is called good practice.
Login to get fewer ads

ME - Tilt & Townsend on 09:31 - Jul 25 with 1372 viewsnrb1985

ME - Tilt & Townsend on 09:18 - Jul 25 by Basuco

I think you have very successfully pointed out the very reason that ME is worth £750 million, think of it like buying a second hand car, it may be priced at £10,000 but we always look to knock the price down a bit, by percentage wise by a very small amount but we still all do it and risk losing the car for a measly £100. It is called good practice.

This only makes sense if you have your old car at home you are happy to go back to.

We don't, our garage is empty.
ME - Tilt & Townsend on 09:32 - Jul 25 with 1362 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

ME - Tilt & Townsend on 09:17 - Jul 25 by nrb1985

Fine.

But for a bloke worth that much can you tell me where the risk/reward is in waiting until the last min to save c.1% of your average annual income?

The upside is minimal but potential downside is huge.

I'm not saying there is any reward in it.

What I would say is that we dont know the full story.

Negotiations are never simple.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024