Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just seen the goals on Sky 21:36 - Aug 4 with 980 viewsgt81

Absolutely shocking defending for both really, rare flap for Bart but that second goal they had absolutely acres of space out on our right - we didn't close them down and that's something I expect Paul will work on.

I hope we get both Tilt and Nsiala, if we're not going to be free scoring we need to tighten up at the back significantly.
Just seen the goals on Sky on 21:41 - Aug 4 with 951 viewsxrayspecs

Was in line with the six yard box and was clear that Bart could not quite get there to catch or punch the ball. It then hit Donacien, before falling to Graham. A bit unlucky.

Spence was missing in action for the second goal, a good ball round the corner by Dack? , a smart cross and finish. That he went off a few minutes later unwell may be the reason.

I do agree with you both were soft goals to concede.
Just seen the goals on Sky on 21:56 - Aug 4 with 882 viewsgt81

Just seen the goals on Sky on 21:41 - Aug 4 by xrayspecs

Was in line with the six yard box and was clear that Bart could not quite get there to catch or punch the ball. It then hit Donacien, before falling to Graham. A bit unlucky.

Spence was missing in action for the second goal, a good ball round the corner by Dack? , a smart cross and finish. That he went off a few minutes later unwell may be the reason.

I do agree with you both were soft goals to concede.

I didn't see it clearly at the game, but on Sky the second Blackburn goal looked like 6 vs 2 and the 2 won out.

Sloppy team defending really as we should have closed down the man that played in the cross, and then Dack was completely unmarked to score.

I trust Hurst to sort this though, as Shrewsbury were pretty good defensively.
Just seen the goals on Sky on 22:02 - Aug 4 with 855 viewsxrayspecs

Just seen the goals on Sky on 21:56 - Aug 4 by gt81

I didn't see it clearly at the game, but on Sky the second Blackburn goal looked like 6 vs 2 and the 2 won out.

Sloppy team defending really as we should have closed down the man that played in the cross, and then Dack was completely unmarked to score.

I trust Hurst to sort this though, as Shrewsbury were pretty good defensively.

I have not seen the highlights gt but in real time once the ball was played into the corner, neither Spence nor Donasien got back to provide cover. It was a smart pass into the six yard box for Dack to score. Pretty sure that MM would be spitting mad about it.

A soft goal nonetheless.
Just seen the goals on Sky on 22:02 - Aug 4 with 853 viewsMonkey

I haven’t seen them back since being at the game but from the North stand it looked like Bart should have tipped the first goal over the bar instead of straight up. This is not easy by any means but for someone we regularly call the best keeper in the division (and he probably is) if he can’t catch a ball then he should push it over his own crossbar. A rare mistake I would say.

Poll: Which division do you honestly think Ipswich will be in next season?

Just seen the goals on Sky on 22:31 - Aug 4 with 772 viewsxrayspecs

Just seen the goals on Sky on 22:02 - Aug 4 by Monkey

I haven’t seen them back since being at the game but from the North stand it looked like Bart should have tipped the first goal over the bar instead of straight up. This is not easy by any means but for someone we regularly call the best keeper in the division (and he probably is) if he can’t catch a ball then he should push it over his own crossbar. A rare mistake I would say.

The ball was coming across the goal not toward him, so a tip over the bar would not really be an option.

I would agree that it was a mistake, either get to the ball and deal with it (a punch) or leave it to the defenders.

Given how many games and points he has single handedly given us over recent seasons, and we should include the save at 2-1 down too, he is more than entitled to make the odd error or two.

Great keeper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024