Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks 12:44 - Aug 6 with 4346 viewsIllinoisblue

Then we’ve spent total in the last five years. Bonkers etc. All their spending has got them the sum total of one more playoff spot than us. Also bonkers.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 18:42 - Aug 6 with 1306 viewsHerbivore

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 15:33 - Aug 6 by DessyCook

But so what , its like me or you losing a couple of hundred quid ? My point was don't you wish we had an owner like that ?

I don't wish we had an owner like that, no.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 18:47 - Aug 6 with 1287 viewsDessyCook

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 18:36 - Aug 6 by PJH

Not ducking the question.

Are you asking if I think that Marcus Evans should waste his money like the Derby bloke has so far?

No, I do not see why I should expect him to do that.

Question answered?

What about would you want him to have a proper go at it instead of scratching around in the bargain bins ? Remember its not your money! What does it matter to you if ME only has 700m or 800m ( not researched figures before someone corrects me )
Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 18:49 - Aug 6 with 1281 viewsBarneycurley

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 15:26 - Aug 6 by PJH

At the moment it makes you think that the Derby owner has wasted a hell of a lot of money as they are still where they started.

But you could also argue he's got more persistence than Evabs who after having his fingers burned by 2 of his choices literally shut up shop.

You can't argue that he's still giving it a crack in a strange way. He's not gone down the Evans route of balancing the books.

I also think unfortunately they'll end up promoted eventually before us.

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 18:51 - Aug 6 with 1274 viewsPJH

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 18:47 - Aug 6 by DessyCook

What about would you want him to have a proper go at it instead of scratching around in the bargain bins ? Remember its not your money! What does it matter to you if ME only has 700m or 800m ( not researched figures before someone corrects me )

I don't think I have the right to tell anyone how they should spend their money.

If throwing loads of cash at it could guarantee promotion then maybe but if throwing loads of cash at it did guarantee promotion then everyone would do it,no doubt including ME.

Some try it and fail(so far).
Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 18:52 - Aug 6 with 1271 viewsHerbivore

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 18:49 - Aug 6 by Barneycurley

But you could also argue he's got more persistence than Evabs who after having his fingers burned by 2 of his choices literally shut up shop.

You can't argue that he's still giving it a crack in a strange way. He's not gone down the Evans route of balancing the books.

Derby are the definition of throwing good money after bad. Also, if Evans is trying to balance the books he's not doing it very well.

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 18:57 - Aug 6 with 1255 viewsPJH

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 18:49 - Aug 6 by Barneycurley

I think what you are saying is correct.
I think ME came in believing a relatively small amount of expenditure would get us up(as most shareholders also seemed to believe).
He then tried increasing that expenditure but as it turned out had the wrong people spending the money.
He did then seem to decide that that approach was not working and not going to work.

I agree that Derby are still trying the spending approach and logically if either them or us go up in the near future it is far more likely to be them.

As of now we are both Championship sides.
Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 19:10 - Aug 6 with 1238 viewsBarneycurley

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 18:52 - Aug 6 by Herbivore

Derby are the definition of throwing good money after bad. Also, if Evans is trying to balance the books he's not doing it very well.

In the part of my post you've highlighted I meant if say Derby raised 12 mill in sales there would be no 'let's spend 6 and allow the owner to recoup some of his annual expenditure'

It would literally be all put back in to the transfer kitty. Right or wrong he is still spending what his managers want and hasn't got gun shy like our owner has
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 19:14]

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 19:35 - Aug 6 with 1221 viewsDessyCook

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 19:10 - Aug 6 by Barneycurley

In the part of my post you've highlighted I meant if say Derby raised 12 mill in sales there would be no 'let's spend 6 and allow the owner to recoup some of his annual expenditure'

It would literally be all put back in to the transfer kitty. Right or wrong he is still spending what his managers want and hasn't got gun shy like our owner has
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 19:14]

Exactly my point ! How it doesn't erk people like pjh and others that Derbys owner with less money than ME can take whoever they want from ITFC and they keep sucking it up. I suppose a 14th place finish will be happily accepted by most on here because 'he has done well on a tight budget' and prepare for a 19th season of nothingness , Evans still out for me or at least have a proper go !😬😬
Login to get fewer ads

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 19:38 - Aug 6 with 1217 viewsHerbivore

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 19:35 - Aug 6 by DessyCook

Exactly my point ! How it doesn't erk people like pjh and others that Derbys owner with less money than ME can take whoever they want from ITFC and they keep sucking it up. I suppose a 14th place finish will be happily accepted by most on here because 'he has done well on a tight budget' and prepare for a 19th season of nothingness , Evans still out for me or at least have a proper go !😬😬

Maybe we don't want to support a soulless club fielding a team full of overpaid mercenaries.

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 19:49 - Aug 6 with 1210 viewsDessyCook

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 19:38 - Aug 6 by Herbivore

Maybe we don't want to support a soulless club fielding a team full of overpaid mercenaries.

Souless !? Have you seen the atmosphere they create at home games !!? PR hasn't seen anything like it in a decade
Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 20:18 - Aug 6 with 1183 viewsHerbivore

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 19:49 - Aug 6 by DessyCook

Souless !? Have you seen the atmosphere they create at home games !!? PR hasn't seen anything like it in a decade

Yes, soulless. A team full of overpaid, underachieving mercenaries. I'm not up for that, we had it under Keane and Jewell and to be honest with you it was sh!te.

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 20:19 - Aug 6 with 1178 viewsDessyCook

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 20:18 - Aug 6 by Herbivore

Yes, soulless. A team full of overpaid, underachieving mercenaries. I'm not up for that, we had it under Keane and Jewell and to be honest with you it was sh!te.

Glad you are happy to keep sleepwalking along then ! Zzzz
Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 20:24 - Aug 6 with 1172 viewsSpruceMoose

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 20:19 - Aug 6 by DessyCook

Glad you are happy to keep sleepwalking along then ! Zzzz

I'm far happier with that then the reckless spending spree you're suggesting. You either haven't been supporting us very long or you have a short memory. Remember the administration days? How about Keane and Jewel making it rain like travelling salesmen in a Great Yarmouth strip club? What did that achieve?
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 20:26]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 20:28 - Aug 6 with 1162 viewsHerbivore

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 20:24 - Aug 6 by SpruceMoose

I'm far happier with that then the reckless spending spree you're suggesting. You either haven't been supporting us very long or you have a short memory. Remember the administration days? How about Keane and Jewel making it rain like travelling salesmen in a Great Yarmouth strip club? What did that achieve?
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 20:26]

I'm not sure he supports us at all.

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 20:29 - Aug 6 with 1159 viewsSpruceMoose

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 20:28 - Aug 6 by Herbivore

The thought did cross my mind too.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 20:34 - Aug 6 with 1155 viewsElderGrizzly

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 20:28 - Aug 6 by Herbivore

Quite obvious tbh. Never started a thread in his very shorttime here.

Wonder what the old username was?
Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 20:45 - Aug 6 with 1142 viewsDessyCook

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 20:34 - Aug 6 by ElderGrizzly

Quite obvious tbh. Never started a thread in his very shorttime here.

Wonder what the old username was?

Oh so sorry , all is well at PR and I think PH will be the mew SBR ! And we will win the league with 100 points . Better ? 😕
Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 20:48 - Aug 6 with 1137 viewsSpruceMoose

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 20:45 - Aug 6 by DessyCook

Oh so sorry , all is well at PR and I think PH will be the mew SBR ! And we will win the league with 100 points . Better ? 😕

Maybe you should practice your craft in the News Comments section first, before you try posting with the bigger boys and girls.

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 20:52 - Aug 6 with 1128 viewsDessyCook

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 20:48 - Aug 6 by SpruceMoose

Maybe you should practice your craft in the News Comments section first, before you try posting with the bigger boys and girls.

Keep clapping 👏👏👏👏
Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 21:24 - Aug 6 with 1113 viewsIllinoisblue

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 13:06 - Aug 6 by itfcbam

True but they do get 10k more per game than us which at 20 quid a ticket is a good 4.5 million extra revenue on just ticket sales alone, let alone other merchandise.

they have very good support considering they've essentially been as bad as us since relegation

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 21:25 - Aug 6 with 1112 viewsElderGrizzly

Derby will have spent more (on two strikers) in the last five weeks on 20:52 - Aug 6 by DessyCook

Keep clapping 👏👏👏👏

Taxi? 😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024