Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... 08:55 - Aug 11 with 6592 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....support for Palestine !

"However, Gideon Falter, of the Campaign Against Anti-Semitism, said: 'A responsible politician would not have gone anywhere near that ceremony, but Mr Corbyn is not a responsible politician."

...not a debate about what Corbyn was or wasn't doing but whether someone from CAAS should be commenting either way! Not surprising considering the group's origins though.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 9:08]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 09:29 - Aug 11 with 4237 viewslowhouseblue

really not sure why you posted this. the photos in the mail are extremely damning. clearly corbyn's earlier account was not true - unless he has been tricked into putting the wreath on the wrong memorial. no responsible politician would have gone near a ceremony to honour terrorists.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6048807/Photos-Labour-leader-Corbyn-trib

i'm only posting this because i had to go and find out what it was you were referencing - it will make more sense to others if they can see the source.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 09:43 - Aug 11 with 4203 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 09:29 - Aug 11 by lowhouseblue

really not sure why you posted this. the photos in the mail are extremely damning. clearly corbyn's earlier account was not true - unless he has been tricked into putting the wreath on the wrong memorial. no responsible politician would have gone near a ceremony to honour terrorists.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6048807/Photos-Labour-leader-Corbyn-trib

i'm only posting this because i had to go and find out what it was you were referencing - it will make more sense to others if they can see the source.

You see, even when I spelled it out you couldn't resist the anti Corbyn route!

This is about that Gideon chaps agendas.
Maybe start a different thread, that I can avoid as it will go nowhere, to carry on the Corbyn bashing!

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 09:49 - Aug 11 with 4191 viewsGlasgowBlue

I assume this is with regard to Corbyn laying a wreath at the grave of one of the terrorists responsible for the murder of the Israeli atheletes at the 1972 Olympic Games?

You could argue that this isn’t anti Semitic in itself.mits definitely support for terrorists though.

But put into wider context with his continuing to speak at events organised by Paul Eisen six years after he had outed himself as a Holocaust denier, saying that a blood libeller is a voice that needs to be heard, calling Hamas and Hezbollah his friends and brothers (their charter calls for the death of all Jews), campaigning for the release of terrorists who blew up a Jewish charity building in London, questioning the right of Israel to exist (antisemitic according to the IHRA), comparing the actions of Israel to the Nazis (see the IHRA again), staying silent and unmoved at an NEC meeting whilst one of his supporters went in an anti Semitic rant, organising an event where a neo Nazi Anti semite was a guest speaker, and letting anti semitism go unchecked in the Labour Party for over two years, then it suggests a pattern of anti Semitic bahviour.

Not sure why you are so keen to defend him.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 09:50 - Aug 11 with 4195 viewsGuthrum

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 09:29 - Aug 11 by lowhouseblue

The second-down photo is not taken from the same position as the top one, at best facing in the opposite direction. Look at the position of the black bollards and the background (greenery in the top, concrete wall in the lower).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 09:52 - Aug 11 with 4181 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 09:43 - Aug 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Maybe start a different thread, that I can avoid as it will go nowhere, to carry on the Corbyn bashing!

The CAA was set up after the Third intifada saw a spike in anti Semitic attacks on British Jews. I’m not sure why you are trying to discredit an organisation which fights racism.

Well I say I’m not sure.....

Iron Lion Zion

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 09:52 - Aug 11 with 4184 viewsNo9

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 09:43 - Aug 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

FIXATED
Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 09:55 - Aug 11 with 4176 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 09:49 - Aug 11 by GlasgowBlue

I assume this is with regard to Corbyn laying a wreath at the grave of one of the terrorists responsible for the murder of the Israeli atheletes at the 1972 Olympic Games?

You could argue that this isn’t anti Semitic in itself.mits definitely support for terrorists though.

But put into wider context with his continuing to speak at events organised by Paul Eisen six years after he had outed himself as a Holocaust denier, saying that a blood libeller is a voice that needs to be heard, calling Hamas and Hezbollah his friends and brothers (their charter calls for the death of all Jews), campaigning for the release of terrorists who blew up a Jewish charity building in London, questioning the right of Israel to exist (antisemitic according to the IHRA), comparing the actions of Israel to the Nazis (see the IHRA again), staying silent and unmoved at an NEC meeting whilst one of his supporters went in an anti Semitic rant, organising an event where a neo Nazi Anti semite was a guest speaker, and letting anti semitism go unchecked in the Labour Party for over two years, then it suggests a pattern of anti Semitic bahviour.

Not sure why you are so keen to defend him.

See you couldn't do it either.......do you think the Gideon bloke is well advised to comment considering the organisation he fronts ?

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 09:56 - Aug 11 with 4171 viewslowhouseblue

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 09:50 - Aug 11 by Guthrum

The second-down photo is not taken from the same position as the top one, at best facing in the opposite direction. Look at the position of the black bollards and the background (greenery in the top, concrete wall in the lower).

it's the 4th 5th and 6th photos which are the issue i think. they show a wreath laying ceremony - you have to take the mail's word that the memorial stone on which the wreath has been laid is for the terrorists. but the sequence of photos is clear that corbyn assisted in laying the wreath shown. it suggests he has previously fibbed about this event.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 09:58 - Aug 11 with 4171 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 09:52 - Aug 11 by GlasgowBlue

The CAA was set up after the Third intifada saw a spike in anti Semitic attacks on British Jews. I’m not sure why you are trying to discredit an organisation which fights racism.

Well I say I’m not sure.....

That is totally disingenuously even by your standards......it was set up because they didn't like the media coverage of the military response not as you suggest!

Edit For clarity could you please continue the final sentence? So I can set #gnashergaza on you.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 10:03]

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:03 - Aug 11 with 4140 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 09:55 - Aug 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

See you couldn't do it either.......do you think the Gideon bloke is well advised to comment considering the organisation he fronts ?

The organisation he fronts is an anti racist campaign group.

Iron Lion Zion

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:07 - Aug 11 with 4135 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:03 - Aug 11 by GlasgowBlue

The organisation he fronts is an anti racist campaign group.

Yes........are you suggesting Palestinians are racist or just accepting that gunning for the removal of the leader of HM opposition is part of his brief?

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:10 - Aug 11 with 4128 viewsGuthrum

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 09:56 - Aug 11 by lowhouseblue

it's the 4th 5th and 6th photos which are the issue i think. they show a wreath laying ceremony - you have to take the mail's word that the memorial stone on which the wreath has been laid is for the terrorists. but the sequence of photos is clear that corbyn assisted in laying the wreath shown. it suggests he has previously fibbed about this event.

But if the monument in the foreground of image 2 purports to be that for the Munich murderers, it was obviously not the site of the wreath-laying, contrary to what the article is trying to imply.

Unless the plaque they're talking about is one of those in the background of pic 2. But they don't make that clear and I cannot (with a quick google) find any other supporting images or plans of the site. The large, individual graves in the background appear far more suited to the description of belonging to a senior official killed in an airstrike than the remains of a number of terrorists killed elsewhere.

If they'd left it at him lying about not having laid a wreath, that would be fine. But they have produced a spurious photo attempting to link Corbyn to veneration of a specific terrorist action.

I also don't know if Corbyn reads Arabic, thus would have been able to understand the text on the memorial* he was honouring. That would make him a gullible dupe, but not a terrorist supporter.

* The same goes for the Mail's photographer.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 10:18]

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:14 - Aug 11 with 4113 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:07 - Aug 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Yes........are you suggesting Palestinians are racist or just accepting that gunning for the removal of the leader of HM opposition is part of his brief?

Some certainly are

Anyway, I have better things to do on a Saturday than go over the same old ground. Well done for getting a bite out of me this morning. I hope it has made your day.

I'll leave you with this

[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 10:20]

Iron Lion Zion

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:20 - Aug 11 with 4097 viewslowhouseblue

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:10 - Aug 11 by Guthrum

But if the monument in the foreground of image 2 purports to be that for the Munich murderers, it was obviously not the site of the wreath-laying, contrary to what the article is trying to imply.

Unless the plaque they're talking about is one of those in the background of pic 2. But they don't make that clear and I cannot (with a quick google) find any other supporting images or plans of the site. The large, individual graves in the background appear far more suited to the description of belonging to a senior official killed in an airstrike than the remains of a number of terrorists killed elsewhere.

If they'd left it at him lying about not having laid a wreath, that would be fine. But they have produced a spurious photo attempting to link Corbyn to veneration of a specific terrorist action.

I also don't know if Corbyn reads Arabic, thus would have been able to understand the text on the memorial* he was honouring. That would make him a gullible dupe, but not a terrorist supporter.

* The same goes for the Mail's photographer.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 10:18]

yes, as i said, you have to accept the mail's assertion that the memorial in photo six is to the terrorists. it is easy to check, the same memorial appears in photo 2 (extreme right), so if the mail is lying it will be quickly proved. but unless the mail is lying, corbyn laid a wreath on a memorial to terrorists, although of course he may have been tricked into it since he wouldn't have been able to read the inscription. i'm not sure that before he became leader corbyn was significant enough to bother tricking. but it's not great either way.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 10:26]

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:20 - Aug 11 with 4098 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:14 - Aug 11 by GlasgowBlue

Some certainly are

Anyway, I have better things to do on a Saturday than go over the same old ground. Well done for getting a bite out of me this morning. I hope it has made your day.

I'll leave you with this

How are things at the bottom of that barrel.......maybe try living in a prison your whole life and then so how 'rational' you feel.
......do you know what a tiny part of me thought you might say Gideon was ill advised to comment, but clearly, like Lowhouse you are in too deep! My work here is done.

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:23 - Aug 11 with 4093 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:14 - Aug 11 by GlasgowBlue

Some certainly are

I'll leave you with this

When you get in be sure to finish that sentence for me!

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:36 - Aug 11 with 4064 viewsGuthrum

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:20 - Aug 11 by lowhouseblue

yes, as i said, you have to accept the mail's assertion that the memorial in photo six is to the terrorists. it is easy to check, the same memorial appears in photo 2 (extreme right), so if the mail is lying it will be quickly proved. but unless the mail is lying, corbyn laid a wreath on a memorial to terrorists, although of course he may have been tricked into it since he wouldn't have been able to read the inscription. i'm not sure that before he became leader corbyn was significant enough to bother tricking. but it's not great either way.

Arguably, they're all terrorists, as senior members of the PLO. But the Mail appears to be suggesting that because the plaque was adjacent to the grave of someone allegedly involved in planning the Munich atrocity, it is enough to link Corbyn to that event.

And all foreign politicians are ripe for duping. Anything to give the PLO more recognition and credibility.

This is not an attempt to defend Corbyn as such (he was there, did lay a wreath), so much as not liking the Mail's throw-mud-and-hope-some-sticks approach.

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:41 - Aug 11 with 4055 viewsKeno

Ok so this might be a slight trite and purile way of explaining this but .....

If you trying to convince me you weren't 'anti-ipswich' you probably wouldn't roll up to a Norwich game in full slime and bile kit, fuzzy budgie wig with Stephen Fry on one arm and Delia the other giving a rousing chorus of OTBC or whatever they called the offing stupid song

In effect that was Corbyn has been doing and no wonder people look at it as "the friend of my enemy is my enemy' situation

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:46 - Aug 11 with 4035 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:20 - Aug 11 by lowhouseblue

Just like he was tricked into honouring dead IRA terrorists by standing for a minutes silence for them. It really wasn’t his fault. Those nice chaps from the provisional IRA had assured him that he was honouring all of those who died in the troubles. Even those innocent civilians who those cuddly provos were in the process of murdering.

Iron Lion Zion

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:50 - Aug 11 with 4022 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:41 - Aug 11 by Keno

If you trying to convince me you weren't 'anti-ipswich' you probably wouldn't roll up to a Norwich game in full slime and bile kit, fuzzy budgie wig with Stephen Fry on one arm and Delia the other giving a rousing chorus of OTBC or whatever they called the offing stupid song

In effect that was Corbyn has been doing and no wonder people look at it as "the friend of my enemy is my enemy' situation

Not sure I'm following your analogy. I just think Gideon should probably stick to his brief.....maybe he is?

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:50 - Aug 11 with 4021 viewslowhouseblue

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:46 - Aug 11 by GlasgowBlue

Just like he was tricked into honouring dead IRA terrorists by standing for a minutes silence for them. It really wasn’t his fault. Those nice chaps from the provisional IRA had assured him that he was honouring all of those who died in the troubles. Even those innocent civilians who those cuddly provos were in the process of murdering.

yes, we're back to the quote in the op:

"A responsible politician would not have gone anywhere near that ceremony, but Mr Corbyn is not a responsible politician."

i don't actually see how anyone can object to that.

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:55 - Aug 11 with 4011 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:50 - Aug 11 by lowhouseblue

yes, we're back to the quote in the op:

"A responsible politician would not have gone anywhere near that ceremony, but Mr Corbyn is not a responsible politician."

i don't actually see how anyone can object to that.

Cue pictures of Pinochet etc......!
Thought you were too busy GB!

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:57 - Aug 11 with 4005 viewsBloomBlue

In life your past shouldn't change your future, however their is one career where your past will impact your future and that is politics.
Unfortunalty Jeremy has spent most of his life hating everything related to the 'West' and he cannot hide that and that's never going to work for a man who wants to be PM of a western country.

He's probably a lovely man but the time has come for the old boy to fall on his sword and spend his retirement on his allotment.
Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:59 - Aug 11 with 3996 viewsKeno

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:50 - Aug 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Not sure I'm following your analogy. I just think Gideon should probably stick to his brief.....maybe he is?

I would have thought it was clear enough

but people tend to see want they want to see and are blind to things they dont

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 11:06 - Aug 11 with 3973 viewsClapham_Junction

Nice to see that the anti-semetism row isn't being conflated with...... on 10:41 - Aug 11 by Keno

The issue is that anyone meeting with Palestinian officials on a regular basis will at some point be meeting with people who have been involved in terrorism or have a dubious record on anti-semitism (an unfortunate social consequence of conflict/war is racism, and there is a significant amount of racism on both sides in this conflict).

As an example, David Cameron met with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas when he was Prime Minister. Abbas' PhD thesis was a conspiracy theory about the Holocaust.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024