Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow! Lots of thoughts on U23's... 21:09 - Aug 20 with 2102 viewsRobTheMonk

Well that was a pleasure to watch from an Ipswich perspective. Quick movement along with quick sharp passing. Hull were poor but we were very, very good. I was writing stuff down during the game. Here's what I have:

Harry Wright - Not much to do but made a quality save to keep his clean sheet.

Josh Emmanuel - He's like Iorfa. Leggy and athletic. Today he was the good Iorfa which is a compliment.

Bailey Clements - A very calm, assured performance.

Emyr Huws - Never got out of third gear and never needed to. He has a certain quality where he offloads the ball at the perfect time. What I mean by this is the opposite player just starts to go to tackle and the balls gone. He always wants the ball.

Chris Smith - I think he's a really decent centre back. Very calm, reads the game well, passes to midfielders (!).

Corrie Nbada - Again, another good player. A loan move and I can see him being around the first team in the not too distant future. If him and Smith keep improving imagine them as a CB pairing in 4-5 years!

Jack Lankester - Hard worker with a trick or two. Caused loads of problems for Hull.

Idris El Mizouni - I thought he played really well. Quick passing and then he's gone and in space somewhere else. Don't know much about him but was impressed.

Ben Morris - Carries on scoring. Let's actually try to keep one of our hot striking prospects.

Danny Rowe - Good wing play and 3 (?) goals? Decent play and stuck some wicked crosses in. The only negative is that the short passing can sometimes be awry but that's a very small blight on an otherwise very good performance.

Shane McLoughlin - My MOTM. So good on the ball. His first touch allows him to play quick forward balls most of the time. He hit one ball in the second half where the defender had read it and went to cut it out... only Shane Put some 'swaz' on the ball so it curved the other way straight into the winger. It was a unseen little bit of quality. I've got 'forward thinking' written down next to his number and 'uses the ball very well'.

Ben Folami - Interestingly, I've wrote next to him, "Quality when he has no time'. When he's under pressure instinct kicks in and he produces quality. When he had time to think sometimes he dawdled a little. Improve the decision making and there's a quality player in there.

The other lads that came on looked busy, but the game was already won by that point.

I'm looking at our first team and that left wing spot is up for takes at the moment. Ward/Sears vs Rowe/Morris/Lankester/McLoughlin can play there (he's our John O'Shea). What a positive game though! Now, let's replicate that on Saturday!

Wow! Lots of thoughts on U23's... on 21:13 - Aug 20 with 2039 viewsgordon

Hull were absolutely awful though, looked very young/inexperienced, and gave way too much space to our forward players.

Wouldn't read too much into performances in a game like that.
Wow! Lots of thoughts on U23's... on 21:15 - Aug 20 with 1991 viewsPinewoodblue

Would only change one word, the last one, tomorrow instead of Saturday. Saturday as well of course.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Wow! Lots of thoughts on U23's... on 21:18 - Aug 20 with 1947 viewsDarth_Koont

Wow! Lots of thoughts on U23's... on 21:13 - Aug 20 by gordon

Hull were absolutely awful though, looked very young/inexperienced, and gave way too much space to our forward players.

Agreed. As much as I liked what I saw from our boys, Hull were pretty woeful and didn't seem ready for seniorish football. Felt like U23s v U18s.

Still, I hope they continue with this on FB and I get to see what the U23s can do in a more competitive game.

Pronouns: He/Him

Wow! Lots of thoughts on U23's... on 21:19 - Aug 20 with 1929 viewsSWGF

Absolutely agree. They looked like their U16s rather than their U23s.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Wow! Lots of thoughts on U23's... on 03:24 - Aug 21 with 1457 viewsBronxBoyo

Agree with you on McLoughlin. Crafty, heady, calm, and showed a bit of toughness at the end with the run in with the Hulls lads.
Wow! Lots of thoughts on U23's... on 06:51 - Aug 21 with 1333 viewsKidKlugs

Can only beat what's put in front of you and all that. The boys done good
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024