Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We really need to stop butchering so many good positions 17:15 - Aug 25 with 572 viewsDarth_Koont

I don't know whether it's a lack of confidence from not scoring and winning, a lack of quality when it matters on the ball or whether it's still players finding their feet and some understanding in a new team. Probably a combination at the moment.

But Hurst needs to sort this out somehow. We're playing well to get there but I don't think I've ever seen an Ipswich team let so many promising positions fizzle into nothing with a poor ball, a miscontrol or simply a bad choice. It's every time. And we're not even turning nothing situations into anything either.

I've seen all our games and to get 2 points from 5 is pretty criminal considering how much we were in all those games and even the better side for much of them.

Hugely frustrating.

Pronouns: He/Him

We really need to stop butchering so many good positions on 17:21 - Aug 25 with 537 viewsmrshallisfit

Christ everyone. It is not criminal if you don't do the essentials well. Defend resolutely and finish your chances. Mick was very good at doing that. He didn't bother enough with the middle, prettier stuff.
We really need to stop butchering so many good positions on 17:28 - Aug 25 with 491 viewsITFCBlues

In the games I’ve seen, we’ve been fairly toothless. Yes, we’re not being smashed but we’re giv me away soft goals which really isn’t helping.

It’s fair to say we’ve not had much luck though. 2 red cards which are both highly debatable - today’s is a disgrace. The pens we could’ve got at Rotherham.

Either way, we need to improve in both boxes. Not been good enough

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

We really need to stop butchering so many good positions on 17:28 - Aug 25 with 491 viewsCurrie10

It's almost as if style of play DOESN'T count for additional points - football isn't snowboarding and PERHAPS Mick had a clue what the hell he was doing.......

Hmmmm!!

No one wants to be the side playing pretty little pointless rubbish in midfield with a leaky bucket and zero goal threat.

Sides will trick naive fans into thinking we're a good side. They will be happy for us to guff around with the ball for fun as they'll realise there is zero goal threat.

A corner / dangerous free kick vs us is like a penalty right now!

A lot of work needs doing.
We really need to stop butchering so many good positions on 17:34 - Aug 25 with 473 viewsWonky

Atm we look like the sort of team we used to bully off the park. Still liking the system and new ideas though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024