Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Throw-in coach 09:26 - Sep 5 with 1136 viewsCotty

Apologies if already posted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45405476

Really interesting piece. When you think about it, why wouldn't you have a coach for a setpiece that occurs 40-50 times in a game? We have certainly had some players in the past who would've benefitted from this *coughdiallocough*. Probably a luxury that we can't afford in the foreseeable future, but I don't see why this won't become more commonplace.
Throw-in coach on 09:28 - Sep 5 with 1129 viewschicoazul

Throw-ins really annoy me. Why would anyone take a throw in near the opponents half short? Launch it up the line, its not like you can be offside

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Throw-in coach on 09:36 - Sep 5 with 1110 viewsCotty

Throw-in coach on 09:28 - Sep 5 by chicoazul

Throw-ins really annoy me. Why would anyone take a throw in near the opponents half short? Launch it up the line, its not like you can be offside

I think it's probably best to mix it up, based on where the space is and where your players are.
Throw-in coach on 09:40 - Sep 5 with 1101 viewschicoazul

Throw-in coach on 09:36 - Sep 5 by Cotty

I think it's probably best to mix it up, based on where the space is and where your players are.

Nah mate, get it in the mixer for the big man!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Throw-in coach on 09:42 - Sep 5 with 1095 viewsCotty

Throw-in coach on 09:40 - Sep 5 by chicoazul

Nah mate, get it in the mixer for the big man!

Nuance really is something that goes right over your head, a bit like the throw-ins you are recommending
Throw-in coach on 09:56 - Sep 5 with 1068 viewssoupytwist

One thing I noticed about Norwich on Sunday was their throw-ins. Pretty much every one was thrown to one of their players who passed it back to the thrower perfectly. No returns that went straight out, none that were at their head or knees, just back to feet. A feature under Mick was either the throw up the line for a header or if it went to one of our midfielders it was a lottery whether the thrower got it back with a pass that was easy to control. The only players we had who seemed able to do it were those who came through the academy.
Do Norwich specifically scout players who can do this (and therefore have a certain capability on the ball) or is it something they work on in training? It means that they keep the ball better from throw ins.
Throw-in coach on 10:06 - Sep 5 with 1037 viewschicoazul

Throw-in coach on 09:56 - Sep 5 by soupytwist

One thing I noticed about Norwich on Sunday was their throw-ins. Pretty much every one was thrown to one of their players who passed it back to the thrower perfectly. No returns that went straight out, none that were at their head or knees, just back to feet. A feature under Mick was either the throw up the line for a header or if it went to one of our midfielders it was a lottery whether the thrower got it back with a pass that was easy to control. The only players we had who seemed able to do it were those who came through the academy.
Do Norwich specifically scout players who can do this (and therefore have a certain capability on the ball) or is it something they work on in training? It means that they keep the ball better from throw ins.

The mark of a class players is ball control. Sounds like they just have good players in that regards.

Throw-in coach on 10:21 - Sep 5 with 1007 viewsJ2BLUE

I've been suggesting things like this ever since I started watching NFL with their special teams.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024