Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graham yesterday 09:34 - Sep 16 with 916 viewsDarth_Koont

It shouldn't be seen as a standout performance but in the context of the rest of the team, thought Graham did well yesterday. He looked like the only player who could keep the ball and link up with his team-mates.

Overall, we seem to rush possession and screw up the basics before the rest of the team can get forward in support. I'm hoping that improves with a win and some much-needed confidence, but when we don't have the quality of someone like Waghorn to make something out of nothing we need to be better at bringing team-mates into the game.

Pronouns: He/Him

Graham yesterday on 09:41 - Sep 16 with 876 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Graham was poor but was the only player who looked likely to make something happen which summed us up.

Only Pennington and Gerken had good games. Knudsen did okay.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Graham yesterday on 09:46 - Sep 16 with 851 viewsSuperfrans

He improved as the game went on and he was better than vs NCFC, so I would persevere with him, but...

he goes down far too easily, he overplays too often and needs to work with those around him a bit more (I’m aware the issue here might be lack of support from around him, or lack of familiarity with the way each other plays - which should all come with time). Personally, I’d file it under ”encouraging” rather than “standout”

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Graham yesterday on 09:46 - Sep 16 with 846 viewsbrazil1982

Yes, the stand out player for me which isn't saying much.
Graham yesterday on 09:46 - Sep 16 with 848 viewsBasuco

A lack of players in the box at any point meant that both Graham and Edwards had no one to aim for, so had to delay crossing and usually got crowded out because defenders had no one else to mark.
Graham yesterday on 09:48 - Sep 16 with 840 viewsDarth_Koont

Graham yesterday on 09:41 - Sep 16 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Graham was poor but was the only player who looked likely to make something happen which summed us up.

Only Pennington and Gerken had good games. Knudsen did okay.

You're probably right re: who had genuinely good or at least decent games. Tellingly, none of those players you mention were particularly involved in or affected by what was going on ahead of them which was very scrappy.

Graham only stood out from a very, very low base.

Graham yesterday on 09:51 - Sep 16 with 819 viewsSuperfrans

Graham yesterday on 09:46 - Sep 16 by Basuco

A lack of players in the box at any point meant that both Graham and Edwards had no one to aim for, so had to delay crossing and usually got crowded out because defenders had no one else to mark.

To be fair, when he did have options, his crossing was abysmal. A couple of free kicks too have also come to mind.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Graham yesterday on 09:54 - Sep 16 with 812 viewsDarth_Koont

Graham yesterday on 09:46 - Sep 16 by Superfrans

He improved as the game went on and he was better than vs NCFC, so I would persevere with him, but...

he goes down far too easily, he overplays too often and needs to work with those around him a bit more (I’m aware the issue here might be lack of support from around him, or lack of familiarity with the way each other plays - which should all come with time). Personally, I’d file it under ”encouraging” rather than “standout”

Agree that it looked as if he was overplaying and slowing things down at times but with that he at least started to link up with players. The rest of our play was far too hurried and inaccurate and seemed to surprise our own players more than the Hull defence.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024