Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has a keeper played as an outfield player? 09:25 - Sep 20 with 5689 viewsNthQldITFC

Obviously outfield players have played in goal, particularly in the good old days of one sub (or no subs), or if all subs have been used and a keeper sent off, but can anyone remember a sub keeper coming on for an outfield player, or even a keeper swapping with an outfield player? Is this even allowed?

Not a pi55 take, just a question engendered by a comment on another thread, and I'm talking about pro football, not non-league or parks football - we've all been there!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Has a keeper played as an outfield player? on 01:59 - Sep 21 with 1653 viewstextbackup

Has a keeper played as an outfield player? on 11:47 - Sep 20 by Stadiumofdark

I often wonder whether Spence is a keeper... he's certainly not a RB

hes not a keeper, he'd be released on a free transfer if I was the manager.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Has a keeper played as an outfield player? on 08:37 - Sep 21 with 1628 viewsStadiumofdark

Has a keeper played as an outfield player? on 01:59 - Sep 21 by textbackup

hes not a keeper, he'd be released on a free transfer if I was the manager.

Spence, Tom Adewotsit & Sears should be with Hyam at Southend.
Has a keeper played as an outfield player? on 08:51 - Sep 21 with 1621 viewsRadlett_blue

Has a keeper played as an outfield player? on 20:55 - Sep 20 by patrickswell

Maintaining the Luton link, towards the end of his career, I remember Les Sealey having to come on as sub for West Ham and play as an outfield player in a game against Arsenal. I suppose that, while it may be a rare eventuality, it’s one of the reasons why goalkeepers are expected to be as fit as any other member of a squad.

In the days before subs, it was not unusual for a keeper to be injured, an outfield player would go in goal & the keeper would lope around, usually on the wing.
Happened in the 1957 FA Cup Final, probably denying the "Busby Babes" the double.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 13:12]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Has a keeper played as an outfield player? on 12:32 - Sep 21 with 1578 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Les Sealey debut was up front for West Ham in the premier league against Arsenal in 1995.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024