Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham (a) and Boro (h) 10:49 - Sep 23 with 3874 viewsSomethingBlue

I'm sounding slightly more hysterical than I'd like here but we really need to pull something out of these games, don't we? And it's going to be very tough indeed. Entering the second international break with no wins from 11 would be a massive concern for me. I know we've been here before under Keane and Jewell but back then you did feel we had players good enough to sort it out eventually. This season I'm nowhere near as sure of that.

I would really like to see how Hurst's long-term plan for us pans out, and have said since the first couple of weeks that the time to worry would be if we were really flailing in January, but I'm not sure I expected what has happened since both on and, it seems, off the pitch. It doesn't feel right to me and if we're any worse off going into October then Evans probably has his biggest decision yet. We are going to be relegated as things stand and that would, contrary to some people's opinions, be an utter disaster. We cannot afford for that to happen.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 10:50]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Birmingham (a) and Boro (h) on 14:36 - Sep 23 with 379 viewsRegencyBlue

Birmingham (a) and Boro (h) on 11:26 - Sep 23 by Guthrum

I expected we were going to start slowly and pick up around Christmas, with maybe a run up the table in the last few weeks. Will probably still happen that way, however, wasn't thinking it would be this slowly, or that there would be so few positive signs yet.

We can cope for another month or so, but there absolutely has to be some indication of progess and building during that period. If he's not managed to switch things on even slightly by then, one might have to draw the conclusion that Hurst may not be capable of doing it.

Much like the final losing run under Jewell, when it became abundantly clear he didn't have any answer to the situation, was beyond his powers and we were going down if it was allowed to continue.

I was saying that he has until Christmas but after yesterday I think he will be lucky to survive beyond the International break without a win.

Even then that might not be enough to save him unless performances improve generally.
Birmingham (a) and Boro (h) on 15:07 - Sep 23 with 346 viewsGuthrum

Birmingham (a) and Boro (h) on 14:36 - Sep 23 by RegencyBlue

I was saying that he has until Christmas but after yesterday I think he will be lucky to survive beyond the International break without a win.

Even then that might not be enough to save him unless performances improve generally.

Agreed. My timescale is shortening, due to the lack of promising green shoots.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024