Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham Pubs 03:41 - Sep 26 with 3109 viewssitocastro

Anybody know any good pubs pre match for Saturday?
Birmingham Pubs on 07:14 - Sep 26 with 3056 viewsPavlovsCat

Depends what you want. If you like your ales then the Post Office Vaults and the Wellington, both near the station, are great options.

If you’re a lager lout, then there’s a Tesco’s nearby. 🤣
Birmingham Pubs on 10:45 - Sep 26 with 2984 viewslinhdi

Note that the Wetherspoons next to the Welly, the Briar Rose, no longer accepts football fans as of this season. Many Town fans usually go there for breakfast.
Birmingham Pubs on 10:55 - Sep 26 with 2967 viewsSteve_M

To add to the list, The Old Joint Stock Company is highly recommended by friend of mine too and the Brewdog is fairly decent.

I'll be going to the Post Office Vaults I think.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Birmingham Pubs on 11:29 - Sep 26 with 2933 viewsLord_Lucan

Birmingham Pubs on 10:55 - Sep 26 by Steve_M

To add to the list, The Old Joint Stock Company is highly recommended by friend of mine too and the Brewdog is fairly decent.

The Old Joint Stock is an amazing pub, very scenic inside.

I would probably go in The Shakespere which is right over the road from the station (Stephenson side) or if you want a laugh go in The Bullring Tavern by China Town and you could walk it from there.

If any stylish Blues are about there is a great clothes shop over the road from the station (Stephenson side) called Onu.

You can pop in there, buy some jeans and have a beer in the Shakespere, during which time they will do any alterations free of charge on the spot.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Birmingham Pubs on 11:48 - Sep 26 with 2905 viewsSteve_M

Birmingham Pubs on 11:29 - Sep 26 by Lord_Lucan

The Old Joint Stock is an amazing pub, very scenic inside.

I would probably go in The Shakespere which is right over the road from the station (Stephenson side) or if you want a laugh go in The Bullring Tavern by China Town and you could walk it from there.

If any stylish Blues are about there is a great clothes shop over the road from the station (Stephenson side) called Onu.

You can pop in there, buy some jeans and have a beer in the Shakespere, during which time they will do any alterations free of charge on the spot.

OJSC is a Fullers pub isn't it? They have some lovely buildings, decent food just that the beer can be a bit variable in some of them.

I've been in the Shakespeare a few times I think.

I still half expect to walk through the crappy old shopping centre when I arrive at New St though, the modern station feels all wrong.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Birmingham Pubs on 12:03 - Sep 26 with 2892 viewsLord_Lucan

Birmingham Pubs on 11:48 - Sep 26 by Steve_M

OJSC is a Fullers pub isn't it? They have some lovely buildings, decent food just that the beer can be a bit variable in some of them.

I've been in the Shakespeare a few times I think.

I still half expect to walk through the crappy old shopping centre when I arrive at New St though, the modern station feels all wrong.

The modern New St is a fantastic station, I was up there the other week. I'm a regular Birmingham visitor and have been since the 80's but I have to say I have to stand in the middle of that station to get my bearings now - otherwise I go out the wrong exit. Another half decent pub close by is The Trocadero which is traditionally a Villa pub.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Birmingham Pubs on 13:57 - Sep 26 with 2814 viewsstonojnr

The Craven Arms classic old style pub,with character it has to be said,but beer was excellent in there last I visited
Birmingham Pubs on 14:47 - Sep 26 with 2756 viewsjontysnut

Birmingham Pubs on 13:57 - Sep 26 by stonojnr

The Craven Arms classic old style pub,with character it has to be said,but beer was excellent in there last I visited

The Anchor in Digbeth is a good real ale pub but I've not been in on a match day
Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham Pubs on 16:18 - Sep 27 with 2613 viewssitocastro

Birmingham Pubs on 10:55 - Sep 26 by Steve_M

Might see you there.

Thanks for all the recommendations much. First 3 points of the season I can smell it.
Birmingham Pubs on 16:30 - Sep 27 with 2608 viewsTownly

Slightly off track, but we once discovered the Custard House towards Bordesley Green.

Had a great time there with the Brummies. Big place, tvs, food the lot. No hassle and plenty of busses for the short ride into Small Heath.
Birmingham Pubs on 09:14 - Sep 29 with 1713 viewsbrummybluenose

Birmingham fan here. Someone mentioned the Anchor on Bradford St earlier. It’s been done up recently, for the worse unfortunately, and I believe it’s now lost it’s CAMRA status. The OJS is good; those heading to the Briar Rose / Wellington, might want to give the Sun on the Hill ( next to the Briar Rose) a go.

Personally, if I were arriving by train, I’d walk down DIgbeth and take in some of the pubs along there and just off it on Bradford St - the Old Crown (oldest pub in Brum 1368), and on Bradford st, the White Swan and a little further up and closer to the ground, my favourite, the Spotted Dog. They’ll all be busy but nothing too moody if you keep yourselves in check. Enjoy the day, chaps.
Birmingham Pubs on 12:12 - Sep 29 with 1636 viewssitocastro

Birmingham Pubs on 09:14 - Sep 29 by brummybluenose

Birmingham fan here. Someone mentioned the Anchor on Bradford St earlier. It’s been done up recently, for the worse unfortunately, and I believe it’s now lost it’s CAMRA status. The OJS is good; those heading to the Briar Rose / Wellington, might want to give the Sun on the Hill ( next to the Briar Rose) a go.

Personally, if I were arriving by train, I’d walk down DIgbeth and take in some of the pubs along there and just off it on Bradford St - the Old Crown (oldest pub in Brum 1368), and on Bradford st, the White Swan and a little further up and closer to the ground, my favourite, the Spotted Dog. They’ll all be busy but nothing too moody if you keep yourselves in check. Enjoy the day, chaps.

Thanks for this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024