Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth 10:09 - Sep 30 with 5795 viewsstevieg

That we are already a division 1 side and that’s all down to one man. Marcus Evans has season by season weakened our squad and if you can’t see that we are doomed then your living in a dream world. Unless he goes we will continue the downward spiral season after season. I’m sure I will get slaughtered by many but the truth hurts.
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:13 - Sep 30 with 3506 viewsWD19

You seem to be implying that without him we would be in a better place......whilst simultaneously accusing others of living in a dream world. Is that a fair assessment of your position?
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:16 - Sep 30 with 3485 viewsstevieg

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:13 - Sep 30 by WD19

You seem to be implying that without him we would be in a better place......whilst simultaneously accusing others of living in a dream world. Is that a fair assessment of your position?

I would suggest that Bart will be sold in January and if I’m right it will prove my point
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:18 - Sep 30 with 3465 viewsWD19

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:16 - Sep 30 by stevieg

I would suggest that Bart will be sold in January and if I’m right it will prove my point

WIll it. How? If Evans wasn’t here what would happen to Bart in January?
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:19 - Sep 30 with 3462 viewsTownly

Well OP there's nothing original there so the response need not be particularly enlightened.

Are you just another one spending Evans's millions for him then?

If he doesn't pump in money each season, then who will?

I would suggest that the club needs ME's financial support much more than it needs supporters like you with your sense of entitlement and your match day money.

True the Evans era has been an unmitigated disaster but the solution is not easy though is it despite your black and white thinking?
[Post edited 30 Sep 2018 10:22]
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:21 - Sep 30 with 3450 viewsGuthrum

It will prove nothing of the sort. If Bialkowski leaves in January, that is much more likely symptomatic of a falling out with the manager than Evans "cashing in" (like the club doesn't owe him tens of millions already).

Remember, the owner gave the go-ahead for him to be handed a more generous contract only in the summer.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:23 - Sep 30 with 3435 viewsstevieg

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:19 - Sep 30 by Townly

Well OP there's nothing original there so the response need not be particularly enlightened.

Are you just another one spending Evans's millions for him then?

If he doesn't pump in money each season, then who will?

I would suggest that the club needs ME's financial support much more than it needs supporters like you with your sense of entitlement and your match day money.

True the Evans era has been an unmitigated disaster but the solution is not easy though is it despite your black and white thinking?
[Post edited 30 Sep 2018 10:22]

Let’s hope you enjoy watching us struggle next season in div1 then because that’s where we are going.
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:26 - Sep 30 with 3413 viewsTownly

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:23 - Sep 30 by stevieg

Let’s hope you enjoy watching us struggle next season in div1 then because that’s where we are going.

You manage to completely miss the point.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2018 10:27]
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:29 - Sep 30 with 3390 viewsstevieg

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:26 - Sep 30 by Townly

You manage to completely miss the point.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2018 10:27]

The point is that Evans has never managed to take us forward and I have no reason to think he ever will.
Login to get fewer ads

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:33 - Sep 30 with 3371 viewsWD19

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:29 - Sep 30 by stevieg

The point is that Evans has never managed to take us forward and I have no reason to think he ever will.

Fair point. So what’s the plan?
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:35 - Sep 30 with 3358 viewsTownly

You were the one who came on here like some sort of great sage suggesting that "everyone" on this forum is unable to realise the truth of the situation.

I would suggest that most of us in fact do and that nothing you have put forward indicates that you possess any great insight about the matter after all.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2018 10:36]
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:37 - Sep 30 with 3345 viewsGuthrum

But has he prevented us from falling down much faster (and bear in mind we haven't been relegated yet)? Has Evans' money bought us ten years in the Championship rather than a trip to Leage Two?

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:39 - Sep 30 with 3332 viewsstevieg

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:33 - Sep 30 by WD19

The plan should to find a new investor who is serious about getting our Club back to the premier league. The one season we had a chance of promotion Evans bottled it and didn’t back the final push.
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:41 - Sep 30 with 3322 viewsTownly

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:39 - Sep 30 by stevieg

The plan should to find a new investor who is serious about getting our Club back to the premier league. The one season we had a chance of promotion Evans bottled it and didn’t back the final push.

"investor?"

That indicates a return on investment through profit. Please explain.
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:46 - Sep 30 with 3296 viewsstevieg

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:41 - Sep 30 by Townly

"investor?"

That indicates a return on investment through profit. Please explain.

Investment in the quality players required to get promotion equals a financial return by the fact that we will receive money coming in from being in the premier league.
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:48 - Sep 30 with 3280 viewsTownly

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:46 - Sep 30 by stevieg

Investment in the quality players required to get promotion equals a financial return by the fact that we will receive money coming in from being in the premier league.

It's that easy then.

Why haven't we all worked that out before?
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:48 - Sep 30 with 3282 viewscressi

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:33 - Sep 30 by WD19

Evans. Worth 850 Millon investment on players questionable Gibson Middlesbrough worth 150 Millon enough said
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:54 - Sep 30 with 3258 viewspointofblue

And if the plan fails? As it did when he invested in the squad under Jim and Keane? Does he keep investing until both he and the club are bankrupt.

We are in a horribly difficult situation now. Evans does not have the funding to compete but, save a once-in-a-blue moon stunning season where everything goes our way, we have no chance of promotion but that’s the only way he’d make his money back so he needs to make a decision on the future of the club. The only way he’d be able to sell it is knockdown the price and write off the spiralling debt, accrue a huge initial loss on the basis he’ll be repaid by the new owners if/when we get promoted.

That’s a very unpalatable idea but what other options are there for him on the table? The five point plan is going to bleed him dry unless Dozzell and a couple of other youngsters take the league by storm and we can sell them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:54 - Sep 30 with 3259 viewsstevieg

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:48 - Sep 30 by cressi

Evans. Worth 850 Millon investment on players questionable Gibson Middlesbrough worth 150 Millon enough said

Evans doesn’t invest in quality does he. He is always looking for the cheap option and hoping for diamond to form out of a lump of coal.
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 11:00 - Sep 30 with 3226 viewsGuthrum

Very risky investment.

What are the actual chances of seeing a return? Depends if the team can actually achieve promotion, quality players notwithstanding (see: Derby). Those expensive players may get injured, scuppering the entire strategy. Without promotion, not only is the return on investment zero, losses very quickly start to mount. Continual overspending may result in points deductions which could send the team to League One.

Even once in the Premier League, it is necessary to remain there for several seasons in order to recoup money spent. That is no simple task - and neither is it a cheap one. More expensive players have to be bought and higher wages paid. It's surprising how little profit most Prem clubs turn.

It's not the instant money machine that people imagine.

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 11:03 - Sep 30 with 3211 viewsimsureazzure

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:23 - Sep 30 by stevieg

Didn't you say we were already down?
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 11:05 - Sep 30 with 3192 viewsstevieg

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:54 - Sep 30 by pointofblue

And if the plan fails? As it did when he invested in the squad under Jim and Keane? Does he keep investing until both he and the club are bankrupt.

We are in a horribly difficult situation now. Evans does not have the funding to compete but, save a once-in-a-blue moon stunning season where everything goes our way, we have no chance of promotion but that’s the only way he’d make his money back so he needs to make a decision on the future of the club. The only way he’d be able to sell it is knockdown the price and write off the spiralling debt, accrue a huge initial loss on the basis he’ll be repaid by the new owners if/when we get promoted.

That’s a very unpalatable idea but what other options are there for him on the table? The five point plan is going to bleed him dry unless Dozzell and a couple of other youngsters take the league by storm and we can sell them.

Evans appointed the managers and they proved to be bad decisions on his part so why defend a man who keeps making bad decisions. He might be a good business man be he knows nothing about football. He has made his bed so if he has to take a financial hit he should do the right thing by taking it and not drag the club any further into the abyss.
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 11:09 - Sep 30 with 3179 viewsGuthrum

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:48 - Sep 30 by cressi

Correction: Evans' company (or, to be precise, his share thereof) is worth £850m. Gibson's is worth £150m. Neither of those figures has any relevance to the amount of spare money they have to burn on a football club.

It should also be noted that Gibson is Middlesbrough-born and a lifelong fan. Thus emotionally more likely to push the limits in financing his club.

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 11:09 - Sep 30 with 3175 viewsstevieg

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 11:00 - Sep 30 by Guthrum

Very risky investment.

What are the actual chances of seeing a return? Depends if the team can actually achieve promotion, quality players notwithstanding (see: Derby). Those expensive players may get injured, scuppering the entire strategy. Without promotion, not only is the return on investment zero, losses very quickly start to mount. Continual overspending may result in points deductions which could send the team to League One.

Even once in the Premier League, it is necessary to remain there for several seasons in order to recoup money spent. That is no simple task - and neither is it a cheap one. More expensive players have to be bought and higher wages paid. It's surprising how little profit most Prem clubs turn.

It's not the instant money machine that people imagine.

Point taken however Bornmouth seem to manage it so it’s not impossible is it? Why do we have to always look at the negative it’s just cowardly thinking
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 11:24 - Sep 30 with 3116 viewsGuthrum

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 11:09 - Sep 30 by stevieg

Point taken however Bornmouth seem to manage it so it’s not impossible is it? Why do we have to always look at the negative it’s just cowardly thinking

According to their own accounts, Bournemouth turned a profit of £14m in 2016-17, but only because they altered the accounting period, thereby excluding most of that season's transfer activity. The previous season, their first in the Prem, they made just £3.4m.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/club-files-annual-accounts

Not very close to recouping the £53m poured in yet, let alone making a profit on the deal.

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 11:26 - Sep 30 with 3112 viewsFacefacts

I don't think he will be sold. We can't win with Bart. His value has dropped like his form. Give him away on a free if anyone wants him in January to get him off the wages bill. Bring in a keeper on loan for cover. Or keep taking the hit with his wage. If he and PH are still handbags then it will take about 5 more errors from Gerkenan before Bart will come back in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024