Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth 10:09 - Sep 30 with 5918 viewsstevieg

That we are already a division 1 side and that’s all down to one man. Marcus Evans has season by season weakened our squad and if you can’t see that we are doomed then your living in a dream world. Unless he goes we will continue the downward spiral season after season. I’m sure I will get slaughtered by many but the truth hurts.
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 11:30 - Sep 30 with 2345 viewsAce_High1

In honour of Old Blu Stu - why don't you buy the club then?
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 11:42 - Sep 30 with 2336 viewsFixed_It

If Evans pulls the plug we really are doomed. That is the truth!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 11:49 - Sep 30 with 2335 viewssparks

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:39 - Sep 30 by stevieg

The plan should to find a new investor who is serious about getting our Club back to the premier league. The one season we had a chance of promotion Evans bottled it and didn’t back the final push.

Away you go then. Let us know when you have one.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

"Sliding Doors" time on 12:06 - Sep 30 with 2320 viewsPendejo

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:19 - Sep 30 by Townly

Well OP there's nothing original there so the response need not be particularly enlightened.

Are you just another one spending Evans's millions for him then?

If he doesn't pump in money each season, then who will?

I would suggest that the club needs ME's financial support much more than it needs supporters like you with your sense of entitlement and your match day money.

True the Evans era has been an unmitigated disaster but the solution is not easy though is it despite your black and white thinking?
[Post edited 30 Sep 2018 10:22]

Just in case anyone doesn't follow the reference
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliding_Doors

Sheepshanks was quoted as saying we would have gone into administration [again] if ME had not stepped in so... Time for a Sliding Doors what if...

So Ipswich go into administration and get a 15 point deduction in January 2009, we would not have bought anyone in the January window, not sure who we bought or what their net impact was... but I reckon that would have meant no Gio.

We finished on 66 points, so deduction alone would have us shoulder to shoulder with Plymouth Argyle who have subsequently "toured" League Two as well as One.

No signings may have equalled relegation... from there to where?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 12:10 - Sep 30 with 2316 viewsGluedtoBlue

The argument ME hasn't taken us forward is only true when you fail to consider how football has progressed in the last decade.

Whilst I don't like everything ME does I dread to think where we'd be without him.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 13:52 - Sep 30 with 2278 viewsyorkshire

Evans has lost money pretty much every year he has been here - I am sure he would be happy to sell the club for the right offer but I don't hear too many of them

As others have said - owning a football club is very unlikely to make you money - there are obviously other perks (tax right off / play-thing / status symbol) but I really don't understand why people think they have a right to expect Marcus to pour more money in

We *could* be in a lot worse position without him
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 14:06 - Sep 30 with 2271 viewsPrideOfTheEast

What a strange post. I don't think anybody on here would argue that if we found an owner with deeper pockets and willing to fund the club more than the current owners already substantial commitment, that we'd take that.

However, there isn't a queue, i.e. as things stand, without Marcus we'd be bust within months.
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 15:11 - Sep 30 with 2247 viewsMeadowlark

*you're*
Login to get fewer ads

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 16:35 - Sep 30 with 2223 viewsKeaneish

Talking of Dream World stevieg. Why have you attributed your name to that of one of England's best ever midfield players?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 16:56 - Sep 30 with 2211 viewstrev1991

Have to agree in the sense this is the worst squad of yours ive ever seen. Not sure how that reflects on Evans who doesnt choose the signings. McCarthy had a limited budget but made it work.
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 17:00 - Sep 30 with 2204 viewsBackToRussia

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 14:06 - Sep 30 by PrideOfTheEast

What a strange post. I don't think anybody on here would argue that if we found an owner with deeper pockets and willing to fund the club more than the current owners already substantial commitment, that we'd take that.

However, there isn't a queue, i.e. as things stand, without Marcus we'd be bust within months.

But ME should be more proactive and sell up. He's a poor man in a rich man's game now.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 18:04 - Sep 30 with 2180 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's certainly hard to argue for his record with us; worse run forever and a day isn't it? I appreciate he's putting money in, but with a whole succession of bad choices I can't help feeling that he's wasting it. Hopefully his luck will change soon.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 18:26 - Sep 30 with 2169 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

You know he keeps us a float every year right?? He walks tomorrow. The club goes bust.He likewise gave his manager this summer a £10m budget to spend. I see the real problem. Recruitment. If recruitment had been right, we’d be sitting 10-12th right now.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 20:07 - Sep 30 with 2151 viewsbraveblue

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:19 - Sep 30 by Townly

Well OP there's nothing original there so the response need not be particularly enlightened.

Are you just another one spending Evans's millions for him then?

If he doesn't pump in money each season, then who will?

I would suggest that the club needs ME's financial support much more than it needs supporters like you with your sense of entitlement and your match day money.

True the Evans era has been an unmitigated disaster but the solution is not easy though is it despite your black and white thinking?
[Post edited 30 Sep 2018 10:22]

How much do you think he has injected in the past five years given the transfers fees he has refused to reinvest?
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 20:15 - Sep 30 with 2145 viewsjeera

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 10:48 - Sep 30 by Townly

It's that easy then.

Why haven't we all worked that out before?

I'll get the Bury Free Press on Friday and have a nose though the 'Oligarch searching for football club' section.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 20:29 - Sep 30 with 2127 viewsbluesimon

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 20:07 - Sep 30 by braveblue

How much do you think he has injected in the past five years given the transfers fees he has refused to reinvest?

Yawn! The money has gone in loan fees, signing on fees, improved contracts and general running costs.
It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 20:37 - Sep 30 with 2115 viewsjeera

It’s time everyone on here realises the real truth on 20:29 - Sep 30 by bluesimon

Yawn! The money has gone in loan fees, signing on fees, improved contracts and general running costs.

Doesn't matter how many times this gets pointed out, it just never sinks in.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024