Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
brexit 10:06 - Oct 18 with 8305 viewsburian

I am an old man and voted to Remain as my life style etc suited me. I did not want change. However, having seen the EU negotiators at work I have changed my mind and am an ardent Brexiteer. Everything points to the fact that Mrs May is a poor negotiator giving way on most matters and is being walked over by Barnier. If we decided to stay in the EU what would the cost be to us?The EU are only interested in our money and as for the scare stories about visas to visit France or Spain and international driving licences - doesn`t this work both ways?.I was thinking of the vast number of foreign hgv`s that visit us daily
brexit on 14:32 - Oct 19 with 555 viewsRyorry

brexit on 14:17 - Oct 19 by baxterbasics

Not really, those well up for Brexit consist of: some Tory MPs, lots of Tory voters, Corbyn and his crew, working class Labour voters. That about covers it.

Don't doubt that. I should probably have used the past tense, meaning Cameron & his cabinet (+ UKIP of course) who created the Referendum for their own nefarious purposes in the first place.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

brexit on 18:39 - Oct 19 with 511 viewspickles110564

brexit on 14:12 - Oct 19 by baxterbasics

You are right of course to separate the need for more customs clerks (and expertise) and actual trade movements, a difference I didn't clarify in my post.

The main reason I think Felixstowe (and other similar ports) will see more traffic is because those who can will try and avoid Dover, because that's where the problems are going to be.

Felixstowe will not receive more trade from Dover, totally different types of PORTs, Ro Ro pretty much finished in Felixstowe when the ferries left.
Norfolk lines did keep it going for a few years longer though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024