Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds Fan In Peace 16:47 - Oct 23 with 13417 viewsCjay

Hello Tractor Boys.

Last season i started visiting rival forums for a chat

Then post the thread on our forum where anyone who fancies a read can.

Nothing to heavy.

Thoughts on your squad, new signings, new manager, start to the season, how you see the season panning out and finally the game tomorrow.

I realise that things arent great atm so yeah i mean i dont do these to wind anyone up, same questions for all

http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34686&hilit=other+fans+opin

This will go there if anyone fancies a nose.

Any responses greatly appreciated.

Cjay
Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:48 - Oct 24 with 1275 viewsBinner

Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:06 - Oct 24 by Cjay

Seems like a stupid question now.

But do you guys regret wanting McCarthy out so much ?

Wont say forcing, but you were very vocal in your desire for him to go.

A few of us would have liked to keep him here but even that would just be kicking the can down the road. He'd be on his way at some point so we'd just be facing the New Manager Lottery a year or two later.

By the way, do you have any perpetually injured journeymen languishing in your sick bay? We always seem to be on the lookout for such players; what you might call a sideline ( prob because that's where they spend their careers).

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:25 - Oct 24 with 1172 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:01 - Oct 24 by Radlett_blue

The signings. Hurst has signed virtually a whole new XI, but IMO only Edwards of the permanent signings & Chalobah & Pennington (though he is a CB playing at RB) are good enough.
WE have promising youngsters, but Hurst has loaned most of them out. It's understandable that he doesn't want to pitch a bunch of youngsters into a relegation scrap.
No focal point up front is the biggest hole in the side.

Cant pretend to know a great deal about the players you signed, just done a bit of reading.

We had Pennington last season, he was dreadful at cb, so maybe he will be a better rb then he was a cb.

You lost Waghorn and McGoldrick, and have replaced them with 2 lads who had ok seasons in a lower league last season, ok not super. DOnt think there is any problem with that, but wonder if you would have been better off spending the 2.5mil reported on one striker with a bit more pedigree?

Think you may as well stick with Paul Hurts though, he has a decent pedigree and its to early to really [panic imo.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:28 - Oct 24 with 1172 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:03 - Oct 24 by footers

I would say so. Think he has wildly underestimated the quality of this league and has persevered with his plan of L1/L2 players eventually coming good. Unfortunately there is no evidence of that so far.

He is also to blame for using 27 different players so far this season- the most in the division. The line-up is constantly chopped and changed and our squad must surely feel very confused.

And it has been reported that his deputy is a bit old skool with his man management skills.

In Suffolkian parlance, he's a lowd ol' squit.

But he isnt exactly awash with cash? Maybe he felt it was better to try and find a few gems at a decent price in the lower leagues rather then overspending what funds he has on some over the hill journeyman?

27, that is a lot, hard to get any sort of style or consistency, see your point.

Bielsa has used the least amount of players i think, least he had a few games ago.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 14:06 - Oct 25 with 1064 viewsCjay

Always post after the game regardless of result so yeah.

I didnt think we were that good, it was an average performance from us, we have been far more fluid and slick then that before, but we were comfortably the better side.

I mean you didnt have a meaningful attack till near the end where it was our own sloppy play rather then your good play that lead to it.

Ive never ever seen a goalkeeper time waste when his team is losing 1-0, that was a first for me.

Thought you had a lot of effort, the players were trying which is the bare minimum you can expect.

Sometimes players are just to good, i felt Pablo Hernandez was immense all game and you couldnt cope with him, he ran the show imo.

Wouldnt judge Paul Hurst on that game, you expected to lose, and you did, so it was expected, but it wasnt a thumping, could have been, but your goalkeeper was great and pulled off some great saves.

Thought Edun down your left had a decent game to, looked a decent player.

I dont have a clue who played up front for you, not hyperbole, i really dont know, i dont remember hearing there name once, thats maybe an area where you need to find better.

Still early in the season, you have some decent players, goalie, Edun, Nolan, Chalobah looked decent, Edwards, Knudsen, etc

Think you should stick with Paul Hurst for now, he was manager of the year in the league below when you got him, thats a decent achievement, and his Shrewsbury side did play some nice football when i saw them on tele.

Besides, if you sack him now you could end up with Paul Heckingbottom

Thanks for the responses and good luck for the rest of the season.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 14:10 - Oct 25 with 1021 viewsTractorJack

Leeds Fan In Peace on 14:06 - Oct 25 by Cjay

Always post after the game regardless of result so yeah.

I didnt think we were that good, it was an average performance from us, we have been far more fluid and slick then that before, but we were comfortably the better side.

I mean you didnt have a meaningful attack till near the end where it was our own sloppy play rather then your good play that lead to it.

Ive never ever seen a goalkeeper time waste when his team is losing 1-0, that was a first for me.

Thought you had a lot of effort, the players were trying which is the bare minimum you can expect.

Sometimes players are just to good, i felt Pablo Hernandez was immense all game and you couldnt cope with him, he ran the show imo.

Wouldnt judge Paul Hurst on that game, you expected to lose, and you did, so it was expected, but it wasnt a thumping, could have been, but your goalkeeper was great and pulled off some great saves.

Thought Edun down your left had a decent game to, looked a decent player.

I dont have a clue who played up front for you, not hyperbole, i really dont know, i dont remember hearing there name once, thats maybe an area where you need to find better.

Still early in the season, you have some decent players, goalie, Edun, Nolan, Chalobah looked decent, Edwards, Knudsen, etc

Think you should stick with Paul Hurst for now, he was manager of the year in the league below when you got him, thats a decent achievement, and his Shrewsbury side did play some nice football when i saw them on tele.

Besides, if you sack him now you could end up with Paul Heckingbottom

Thanks for the responses and good luck for the rest of the season.

How did Heckingbottom get it so wrong out of interest?
Leeds Fan In Peace on 14:12 - Oct 25 with 1006 viewsbluewein

Leeds Fan In Peace on 14:10 - Oct 25 by TractorJack

I think his first big mistake was joining Leeds...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Leeds Fan In Peace on 14:30 - Oct 25 with 956 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 14:10 - Oct 25 by TractorJack

He was an odd choice from the start tbf.

His Barnsley side were in awful form with 1 win in 16 i think it was.

Had it not been for the good will that he had because of the promotion and the sad death of there owner i doubt he would have been there manager anyways, circumstances were fortunate (which is a poor choice of words i know).

He blamed the players publicly which was never a good idea given how he was taking pops at a squad who wernt in great form when he arrived but were still in far better form then he had managed with his own squad for the season till his arrival.

His style was non existing, we didnt have a style of play or any sort of plan really.

He was the wrong man, he had an air of arrogance that may have worked at Barnsley where he had some good will but was never going to wash at Leeds.

Just out of his depth and refused to take responsibility.

Looks a bit silly now given the side that we have now is made up almost entirely of the same players Heckingbottom had.

He was a manager whose reputation was built on a good 12months with largely someone elses players.

Once he started moulding Barnsley with his own signings there form nosedived
Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:08 - Oct 25 with 887 viewsHarry_Palmer

Leeds Fan In Peace on 14:30 - Oct 25 by Cjay

He was an odd choice from the start tbf.

His Barnsley side were in awful form with 1 win in 16 i think it was.

Had it not been for the good will that he had because of the promotion and the sad death of there owner i doubt he would have been there manager anyways, circumstances were fortunate (which is a poor choice of words i know).

He blamed the players publicly which was never a good idea given how he was taking pops at a squad who wernt in great form when he arrived but were still in far better form then he had managed with his own squad for the season till his arrival.

His style was non existing, we didnt have a style of play or any sort of plan really.

He was the wrong man, he had an air of arrogance that may have worked at Barnsley where he had some good will but was never going to wash at Leeds.

Just out of his depth and refused to take responsibility.

Looks a bit silly now given the side that we have now is made up almost entirely of the same players Heckingbottom had.

He was a manager whose reputation was built on a good 12months with largely someone elses players.

Once he started moulding Barnsley with his own signings there form nosedived

Sounds very much like Hurst, hopefully we will steer well clear.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024