Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? 09:25 - Oct 30 with 3618 viewsunstableblue

Sounds a bit dramatic I know, but the FACTS are he has lied or told falsehoods 3,800 times since inauguration ( http://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/)

And yet like the classic junta he claims it is the media who is lying:

“There is great anger in our Country caused in part by inaccurate, and even fraudulent, reporting of the news. The Fake News Media, the true Enemy of the People, must stop the open & obvious hostility & report the news accurately & fairly. That will do much to put out the flame...” Trump, Twitter

But the media haven’t lied; yes they are a little partisan in their reporting - but there are no falsehoods.

And yet he has insighted a hatred of the media and any who oppose him... to the point where letter bombs are sent from an unhinged supporter, just check out the hatred towatds CNN insighted here and indeed the actual bomber himself at a Trump rally:

The other tactic of a autocrat is to demonise a group and to stoke fear in the electorate. Trump has used this tactic many times. He’ll white wash mass shootings as they don’t suit his agenda. But immigrants are fair game and perfect for his electoral strategy. The Central American caravan is perfect he is demonising at will - “100 ISIS fighters” which reporters on the ground state is a lie. And yet his regime mouthpiece Fox News repeat the claim. He then sends 1000s of troops to stoke fear, despite the caravan being months away and Mexico potentially offering sanctuary.

Now what if he does well in the mid terms - does that mean the American people are buying into this? As the economy falters (the go to argument for Trump apologisers) from momentum built under Obama how extreme will Trumps methods be, and how many will he have ‘radicalised’, how deep will the divisions in America be?!?

Rant over! (This is inspired by helping my son with his history homework and the Nazi party methods)

Knudsen is still not good enough also.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 17:10 - Oct 30 with 651 viewscaught-in-limbo

Somebody quite famous once said "Politics is the art of the possible". Trump is the means by which those who are above Trump try to achieve their goals. In analysing Trump we should not be obsessed by what he says and any consequent reaction to his words, that's largely irrelevant. That which is made possible by Trump being in the White House is what we should be looking at and talking mostly about.

One thing which is clear with Trump is that US policy is trying to break ties between China, Russia, the other BRICS countries and Iran. The previous administration only brought China and Russia together and Trump is there to make divisions possible. The idea that he is some sort of "loose canon" or "maverick" permits the US to behave unconventionally and irresponsibly and then deny responsibility... it's all Trump's fault, he's a mentalist.

All these things are possible with Trump. Politics is the art of the possible. Enjoy the show.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 17:15 - Oct 30 with 648 viewsNo9

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 16:41 - Oct 30 by chicoazul

It is of course, largely because many normal people have been marginalised and ignored by the political elite for the last 20 years, told they are worthless racist stupid and xenophobic, and are sick of what they see happening to their countries. This leaves a vacuum for far right and far left authoritarians to occupy with simplistic rhetorical solutions to complex problems. Look at the recent German situation, a country we are often told on here and elsewhere is a paragon of good governance and sensibility.

This is what happens when normal people are ignored. And the media class in this country cannot get their heads around it because the Oxbridge Edinburgh LSE privately educated highly privileged Rusbridger PPE violin playing elite who hold those positions simply cannot relate to Dave from Hull.

Politicians rely on the people not being educated, that commenced in the 80's and has not changed, due to how some of the new types of scools work it has got much worse.
A system endorsed by the right wing media they leave school totally unpreparred for the world outside.
Real politicians used to go to parliament after years of work now they are educated by the party in the confines of party dogma.
Their parents now expected to look after them until they reach middle age
Many won't drive because they can't afford to
The country is going backwards I am waiting the the new horse trough to be installed
Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 17:18 - Oct 30 with 642 viewschicoazul

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 17:15 - Oct 30 by No9

Politicians rely on the people not being educated, that commenced in the 80's and has not changed, due to how some of the new types of scools work it has got much worse.
A system endorsed by the right wing media they leave school totally unpreparred for the world outside.
Real politicians used to go to parliament after years of work now they are educated by the party in the confines of party dogma.
Their parents now expected to look after them until they reach middle age
Many won't drive because they can't afford to
The country is going backwards I am waiting the the new horse trough to be installed

I completely agree the comprehensive education system in this country is failing pretty much everyone. But it is a system based on egalitarianism and Marxist thought, not right wing ideology, although various right wing rseholes like Toby Young have indeed taken advantage of it by infesting the academy system.

EDIT: also I just realised you blame the people for being stupid instead of the politicians for being devious duplicitous mendacious scum.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2018 17:24]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 17:32 - Oct 30 with 622 viewsNo9

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 17:18 - Oct 30 by chicoazul

I completely agree the comprehensive education system in this country is failing pretty much everyone. But it is a system based on egalitarianism and Marxist thought, not right wing ideology, although various right wing rseholes like Toby Young have indeed taken advantage of it by infesting the academy system.

EDIT: also I just realised you blame the people for being stupid instead of the politicians for being devious duplicitous mendacious scum.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2018 17:24]

Politicians are legislators, the create the systems.
Politicians get more dishonest every year, yesterday was a classic example

Maybe Essex education is different from us lot north of Essex, there is nothing not right wing about what children get here

People would be stupid for not chellenging it if they were ever educated to distinguish chalk from cheese.
Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 19:08 - Oct 30 with 594 viewsjaykay

Is Trump’s America now a banana republic or facist regime? on 13:25 - Oct 30 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Trumps a bit of a pr@t and certainly seems to have some extremist followers, but it does make me chuckle how OTT go with things as if he's worse than Stalin. Get some perspective!!

so in another news what do you think of paul lambert as manager. just thought you would like to post about ipswich town the football club.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024