Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
we could have got 2 red cards.. 08:00 - Nov 4 with 1834 viewsMonkey

I’m not sure how many people saw these two incidents but I was in the lower north stand on the side of the co-op and in the second half I saw two instances were a harsh referee could have sent off two of our players.

First was Roberts, he was fouled tussling for the ball then stuck his leg up and went studs first in to the defenders thigh. Second was Sears a little later when pushed off the pitch he kicked out at a defender kicking him in the shin.

Overall I don’t think the ref had a great game by any means he was pretty poor but I do think we got lucky there especially with the Sears one.

(On a side note I didn’t see the Chamber incident where he got booked either, as it was off the ball and the player went down holding his face again another ref may have went straight for red).

Poll: Which division do you honestly think Ipswich will be in next season?

we could have got 2 red cards.. on 08:04 - Nov 4 with 1796 viewsJon_456

Must admit I was expecting a red for the Roberts incident. Got away with one there.

Ref was utter cr*p for both teams
we could have got 2 red cards.. on 08:35 - Nov 4 with 1678 viewspoppiesman

As I posted on here the other day, Woolmer is a poor ref, there's a reason he don't get to actually ref many games these days.
we could have got 2 red cards.. on 13:35 - Nov 4 with 1412 viewsFixed_It

we could have got 2 red cards.. on 08:35 - Nov 4 by poppiesman

As I posted on here the other day, Woolmer is a poor ref, there's a reason he don't get to actually ref many games these days.

You were correct. I'm guessing you are based in Kettering?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

we could have got 2 red cards.. on 14:13 - Nov 4 with 1330 viewsScuzzer

Well..if you think Sears should have gone then so should have their no23...Sears reacted to being deliberately kicked himself..yet the no23 didn't even get a yellow.
Didn't see the Roberts incident...I suspect it would have only been a yellow in any case.
The ref was completely incompetent, with many bizarre decisions.

Established 1968

we could have got 2 red cards.. on 14:20 - Nov 4 with 1299 viewsWickets

we could have got 2 red cards.. on 08:04 - Nov 4 by Jon_456

Must admit I was expecting a red for the Roberts incident. Got away with one there.

Ref was utter cr*p for both teams

Missed the Roberts one but Freddie was very lucky !!
we could have got 2 red cards.. on 15:52 - Nov 4 with 1185 viewspoppiesman

we could have got 2 red cards.. on 13:35 - Nov 4 by Fixed_It

You were correct. I'm guessing you are based in Kettering?

Yes , Andy Woolmer's father used to be a director at Kettering Town FC, so guess who refereed most of our home pre season friendlies? All the crowd used to moan when Woolmer was announced as the ref. He always wanted to be centre of attention at the games.
He was an awful ref in those days and sounds like he hasn't changed much, although his decisions yesterday may have helped Ipswich.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024