Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nailed-on crosses? 19:23 - Nov 29 with 951 viewshorsehollerer

Lots of people (including me) have been bemoaning the quality of Town's crosses, and also our inability to cut out opponents' crosses. So I had a quick look to see if the stats from Lambert's four games back this up. They do. It's ugly.

Overall, in PL's four games we have put in 102 crosses compared to just 59 from our opponents. Sounds impressive, but it doesn't tell the story.

Trouble is, our crossing accuracy has been just 18%, compared to 42% from our opponents.
Which means in those 4 games we've actually only put in 19 accurate crosses vs 25 from our opponents.

The two recent home games have been the worst:

WBA (H): Town — 27 crosses (5 accurate), WBA — 13 crosses (7 accurate)
BRISTOL C (H): Town — 26 crosses (3 accurate), Bristol — 13 crosses (5 accurate)

Note that in each of those 4 games we have also forced more corners than our opponents, 28-17 in total. I think the only team to have scored from one of our corners is West Brom.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Nailed-on crosses? on 20:18 - Nov 29 with 892 viewssoupytwist

Wonderful though he is, Freddie Sears is completely unable to get a cross past the first defender. When he's playing I swear that most of our corners come from him trying to cross the ball and it hitting the first defender.
Nailed-on crosses? on 20:24 - Nov 29 with 883 viewsfactual_blue

Jesus?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Nailed-on crosses? on 07:52 - Nov 30 with 778 viewsSteve_M

What's the definition of an accurate cross? Roberts put two really good ones in against West Brom late on but there was no-one close enough to them. Nothing wrong with the crosses but I suspect they don't count as accurate.

Doing the right thing but getting it wrong sometimes is better than not managing to do that at all. Our big problem remains the lack of a really good, strong forward.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 8:17]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

on 07:58 - Nov 30 with 772 views_

Nailed-on crosses? on 07:52 - Nov 30 by Steve_M

What's the definition of an accurate cross? Roberts put two really good ones in against West Brom late on but there was no-one close enough to them. Nothing wrong with the crosses but I suspect they don't count as accurate.

Doing the right thing but getting it wrong sometimes is better than not managing to do that at all. Our big problem remains the lack of a really good, strong forward.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 8:17]

Nailed-on crosses? on 08:07 - Nov 30 with 760 viewsconnorscontract

on 07:58 - Nov 30 by _

Santa Cazorla delivering gift-wrapped crosses for Ho-Ho-Holt?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024