Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Many questions for people that may have travelled 14:52 - Jan 12 with 6287 viewsMJallday

my company are sending me to india in 3 weeks

1) has anyone ever been to Chennai - is there much to do there?
2) ive got a 6 hour stop in dubai - is this enough time to get out of the airport and go see the burj khalifa? (indeed, can i get out of the airport!)
3) anyone ever flow business class emerites? whats should i expect? am i goign to kicked out if i turn up in my town away shirt?

i dont get out of hereford much, so any advice appreciated!

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Many questions for people that may have travelled on 13:27 - Jan 13 with 513 viewsshady

Just stick your UK ATM card in any machine and out come Rupees
It's the easiest, fastest and most cost effective way.

Many ATM's at airport.
If you have a Citibank account and use their ATM its a free service
other banks they charge some fees.
Also maximum withdrawal is 10,000Rp (about £110)
but you can do this 2 or 3 times

Yes, stick to bottled water and cooked food in busy places
don't worry; you'll be fine...
and we are staying UP
Many questions for people that may have travelled on 14:04 - Jan 13 with 503 viewsshady

you will need to pronounce correctly:

Many questions for people that may have travelled on 12:54 - Jan 14 with 464 viewsTractorWood

Many questions for people that may have travelled on 09:39 - Jan 13 by MJallday

That’s really insightful thank you (I love the twtd collective on stuff like this thank you alll!)

The biggest bit I’m worried about is eating. The day after I land I’m
Off to centreboards with fam so I don’t wanna be shtting my way through that

Basically bottled water , stay away from uncooked veg and meat and I think I’ll be ok

I will take my town shirt over . If only just to fly the flag

Also found out you can’t get Indian currency over here at the post office.You have to get it there - weird

My general plan is to arrive Saturday am , sleep , explore a bit Sunday , work mom - weds then fly to Dubai thursday , go to Burj Khalifa then home

Before all of that However, I’m off to Amsterdam Tuesday for a week!

It's a closed currency. This means you have to (some places may still do it) change it when arrive and leave the destination.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Many questions for people that may have travelled on 13:28 - Jan 14 with 447 viewsMJallday

Many questions for people that may have travelled on 12:54 - Jan 14 by TractorWood

It's a closed currency. This means you have to (some places may still do it) change it when arrive and leave the destination.

yeah thats what ive been told

also ill be dissapointed if i dont meet someone called Apu

my town shirt is packed for amsterdam. much to my wifes annoyance

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024