Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man dies following fall at newly-revamped Cornhill 13:24 - Jan 22 with 5499 viewsbluebud

The oap who fell on the new Cornhill steps has sadly passed away. My thoughts are with his family.

This is a shocking result - the new design, whilst being an improvement (just) has really let down the people of Ipswich.

I also feel it's highlighted just how out of touch our town centre managers are...whether that be Ipswich Central, the borough or at County level...I'm sure Ipswich must be one of the most managed (per head) for such a small population in the country.

[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 13:26]
on 16:51 - Jan 22 with 712 views_

Man dies following fall at newly-revamped Cornhill on 16:45 - Jan 22 by bluebud

..more like a clear observation, crystal clear in fact.

This thread was concerning a dreadful accident where a pensioner lost his life on the newly reconstructed Cornhill......you bundled into the thread slagging off Withnail and all of his posts....no other contribution and nothing to say about the very sad topic.

..so no theories, interesting to you or not. Your post

"Why does everything you post on here make me think you're a stone cold d1ck?"

at least deserved my question

"because you like having negative opinions about other posters as opposed to genunely participating in threads?"

Most members of the community already knew the answer I'm sure.

Man dies following fall at newly-revamped Cornhill on 19:16 - Jan 22 with 626 viewsbluebud

on 16:51 - Jan 22 by _

...still couldn't say anything positve, or sympathetic.

Shameful
Man dies following fall at newly-revamped Cornhill on 19:30 - Jan 22 with 608 viewsPinewoodblue

Change always takes time to get used to. There were incidents of people tripping near thr Giles statue when that area was revamped.

Years ago following one of the revamps at Tower Ramparts an elderly pedestrian stepped out into the path of a bus. They had changed some of the bus stops around and the bus didn't take the route he had expected.

Going back to the Cornhill, Haven't visited the area since the revamp but I suppose if I want to cross the Cornhill, pushing my wife in her wheel chair, I will have to take a circuitous designed by planners, rather than a direct route.

Any revamp that results in steps, where steps were not necessary before, must be badly designed. Not even sure it isn't agsinst laws designed to assist the disabled.

My thoughts are with family and friends of the victim.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Man dies following fall at newly-revamped Cornhill on 19:49 - Jan 22 with 587 viewsbournemouthblue

Man dies following fall at newly-revamped Cornhill on 15:30 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

I just don't understand where the money goes on a job like that, I can't remember the exact figures but think we got around that for building 10 houses in Nacton valued from £800k to £1.2m.....how can 10 luxury houses be the same price as a relatively small town centre

Labour as much as anything, it looks cement pointed which will take ages to do on an area of that size, it's cobbled I believe also which will require a lot of cement

It may have had drainage put in among other things?

I know there's a small plant area underneath for the fountains, the lights at night must also have some workings under there

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024