Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
50+ years of watching and never seen this before... 21:45 - Jan 26 with 3414 viewsfloridablue

in a game..... Player ready to take a corner kick, pulls out paper from his shorts pocket, reads whats written on it, puts it away then delievers the cross on to his team mates head for a goal!! Was that the instructions on the piece of paper or did I just dream that??
50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 22:12 - Jan 26 with 3291 viewsfactual_blue

And the scorer was called Luke Waterfall.

And a Watford player called Isaac Success also scored.

We live in strange times.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 07:37 - Jan 27 with 2876 viewsBenters2

Haha that was quality.

Have we tried that note system?
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 7:45]
50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 07:51 - Jan 27 with 2850 viewsTractorgirlforever

50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 07:37 - Jan 27 by Benters2

Haha that was quality.

Have we tried that note system?
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 7:45]

Maybe the other way round for us tho...the defence should get their notes out when the opposition get a corner!
50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 08:28 - Jan 27 with 2747 viewsBenters2

50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 07:51 - Jan 27 by Tractorgirlforever

Maybe the other way round for us tho...the defence should get their notes out when the opposition get a corner!

Thats true lol.
50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 09:25 - Jan 27 with 2611 viewsBrixtonBlue

He didn't actually pull it out of or put it into a pocket (football shorts don't have pockets), he was holding it all the time, which I'd find off-putting personally, if I was about to take a corner.

Sad to break the illusion but it was general team instructions, nothing to do with the corner.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 09:30 - Jan 27 with 2582 viewsBenters2

50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 09:25 - Jan 27 by BrixtonBlue

He didn't actually pull it out of or put it into a pocket (football shorts don't have pockets), he was holding it all the time, which I'd find off-putting personally, if I was about to take a corner.

Sad to break the illusion but it was general team instructions, nothing to do with the corner.

Thats it spoil the happy thread.

Where did he get the said piece of paper from anyway?
50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 09:35 - Jan 27 with 2565 viewsBrixtonBlue

50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 09:30 - Jan 27 by Benters2

Thats it spoil the happy thread.

Where did he get the said piece of paper from anyway?

From the manager, obviously. Probably via a sub. This has happened loads of times, players getting instructions on bits of paper.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 09:43 - Jan 27 with 2542 viewsjjblue84

It said ‘breathe and kick football’
Login to get fewer ads

50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 10:24 - Jan 27 with 2471 viewssundaze

We are probably the same age. The first thought in my head was, I would have no chance of reading that piece of paper without my glasses.

Now that really would have been something if he had to borrow glasses from the crowd.
50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 10:32 - Jan 27 with 2451 viewsBrixtonBlue

50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 10:24 - Jan 27 by sundaze

We are probably the same age. The first thought in my head was, I would have no chance of reading that piece of paper without my glasses.

Now that really would have been something if he had to borrow glasses from the crowd.

Also, putting on glasses to deliver a pin-point cross would be pretty funny. Or how about taking the corner whilst holding binoculars?! Would that be allowed?

50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 12:02 - Jan 27 with 2325 viewsWickets

Def info ! the note said kick the ball hard and forward .
50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 12:36 - Jan 27 with 2253 viewsBrixtonBlue

50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 12:02 - Jan 27 by Wickets

Def info ! the note said kick the ball hard and forward .

Erm, no it didn't.

Am I the only person on here who watched MOTD?

50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 12:55 - Jan 27 with 2211 viewsBackToRussia

50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 12:36 - Jan 27 by BrixtonBlue

Erm, no it didn't.

Am I the only person on here who watched MOTD?

I think he may have been joking, Dolly.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 15:41 - Jan 27 with 2013 viewsWickets

50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 12:55 - Jan 27 by BackToRussia

I think he may have been joking, Dolly.

Thanks
50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 17:13 - Jan 27 with 1928 viewsBenters2

50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 10:32 - Jan 27 by BrixtonBlue

Also, putting on glasses to deliver a pin-point cross would be pretty funny. Or how about taking the corner whilst holding binoculars?! Would that be allowed?

They will be wearing rucksacks soon with all that clobber.
50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 17:16 - Jan 27 with 1915 viewsBrixtonBlue

50+ years of watching and never seen this before... on 17:13 - Jan 27 by Benters2

They will be wearing rucksacks soon with all that clobber.

Just as any sensible person should!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024