Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gameday advice 05:59 - Jan 31 with 1178 viewssvupper

Long time, long distance supporter from Denmark, my family of five and I will be attending the Stoke game on Portman Road.

Any advice on if I should buy tickets in advance on the itfc website or if tickets are available on game day at Portman Road?

We will be arriving from London - any easy alternatives to the train ?

Which stand is the loudest ?

Lars
Gameday advice on 07:46 - Jan 31 with 1079 viewsportmanroadblue

Buy tickets prior to game it’s cheaper.
Sir bobby robson lower is the stand with the better atmosphere, but all your family need to be over 16 and be prepared to stand throughout the game.
Trains are ok if no rail engineering works, takes about an hour and a quarter, if rail replacement it will prob take about another hour. You could hire a car for the day, depending where you are staying in London, but should be two hour drive.
Hope you all have a great day and see a much needed win.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 7:49]
Gameday advice on 08:06 - Jan 31 with 1029 viewsunstableblue

Lars - just building on Portman’s advise.

If you buy online (sign up to an account) you can then print tickets at home.

As stated Sit Bobby lower is a good atmosphere at present; but over 16. If you want feel atmosphere but not go in sir bobbby lower - then good idea to sit in Cobbold upper B or Co-Op stand I, J, F, G - you get the atmosphere, on a good day singing around you, and a good view.

Train from London is a good idea - if no Engineering works - easy walk to ground or town. Buy in advance you’ll get cheap tickets - go for the fast express trains.

Enjoy and good effort - let’s hope we get some wins and Stoke game has meaning. Must win Saturday.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Gameday advice on 08:15 - Jan 31 with 1014 viewsSitfcB

Gameday advice on 07:46 - Jan 31 by portmanroadblue

Sir bobby robson lower is the stand with the better atmosphere, but all your family need to be over 16 and be prepared to stand throughout the game.
Trains are ok if no rail engineering works, takes about an hour and a quarter, if rail replacement it will prob take about another hour. You could hire a car for the day, depending where you are staying in London, but should be two hour drive.

There’s no on the day price increase these days.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Gameday advice on 08:24 - Jan 31 with 1002 viewsSteve_M

Gameday advice on 08:06 - Jan 31 by unstableblue

Lars - just building on Portman’s advise.

If you buy online (sign up to an account) you can then print tickets at home.

As stated Sit Bobby lower is a good atmosphere at present; but over 16. If you want feel atmosphere but not go in sir bobbby lower - then good idea to sit in Cobbold upper B or Co-Op stand I, J, F, G - you get the atmosphere, on a good day singing around you, and a good view.

Train from London is a good idea - if no Engineering works - easy walk to ground or town. Buy in advance you’ll get cheap tickets - go for the fast express trains.

Enjoy and good effort - let’s hope we get some wins and Stoke game has meaning. Must win Saturday.

Trains are weird on 16 Feb.

Up until the 10:30 from Liverpool St it's a train all the way to Ipswich, after that it's a bus between Colchester and Ipswich. And the same for the rest of the day.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Gameday advice on 11:14 - Jan 31 with 884 viewsSlambo

Gameday advice on 07:46 - Jan 31 by portmanroadblue

Are you sure about over 16..? Pretty sure it's younger than that. 13/14. That bloke kicked off about it at the AGM and I frequently see youngsters in there...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024