Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old, inherited, and vintage 12:52 - Feb 3 with 896 viewshampstead_blue

I'm bored with the circular football agruements. I've accepted we are pretty much toast but hold a candle for redemption.

A few questions to lighten the day.

Whats the oldest bit of clothing you;
1) bought new and still wear
2) Inherited and wear
3) You bought used and wear

Mine are;
1)A Gap shirt I bought 30 years ago. Dull check but looks great.

2)My dad's watch. Given to him on his 21st. He passed away 7 hears ago.

3) Two things. A fedora I bought from the vintage hat chap at Spitalfields and a DJ from the 1960's from a mate I served with and who's dad was in the SIS. It was worn at quite a few SIS gatherings. Quite some history.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Old, inherited, and vintage on 12:57 - Feb 3 with 871 viewsjeera

I only have one example and it doesn't really fit your criteria, but I was clearing out my wardrobe just yesterday and I still have 2 shirts I bought 20 years ago.

They cost me at the time and both still look like new and I'm reluctant to part with them.

The problem is they're only ever likely to fit me again if I become seriously unwell and can't eat for months.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Old, inherited, and vintage on 13:44 - Feb 3 with 821 viewsPendejo

1. Matinique shirt bought from Nicklebys circa 85, cost almost a weeks wage

2. Blue and white checked shirt from mum's 3rd husband, he never wore it as the checks were too small. I got it 6 years ago.

3.Ralph Lauren shirt bought in charity shop 10 years or so ago

But full & mundane next to your jacket fedora combo

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Old, inherited, and vintage on 15:15 - Feb 3 with 768 viewsFtnfwest

1. Brown leather jacket which must be about 35 years old and has only just been relegated to gardening/diy coat.
2. Walking boots that the old man never wore (he died in July)
3. Just realised I’ve failed on this one as never bought anything used
Old, inherited, and vintage on 15:47 - Feb 3 with 733 viewsazuremerlangus

Old, inherited, and vintage on 13:44 - Feb 3 by Pendejo

1. Matinique shirt bought from Nicklebys circa 85, cost almost a weeks wage

2. Blue and white checked shirt from mum's 3rd husband, he never wore it as the checks were too small. I got it 6 years ago.

3.Ralph Lauren shirt bought in charity shop 10 years or so ago

But full & mundane next to your jacket fedora combo

Matinique - a fine brand. I still have an oxford pin shirt circa early nineties from them.

Expo '88 t-shirt (Brisbane) which is still in my draw somewhere.

My dad's wedding suit waistcoat (Hepworths) from 1961. Not worn properly for a while because I cannot do the buttons up...

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Old, inherited, and vintage on 19:37 - Feb 3 with 647 viewshampstead_blue

I've just seen a new entrant.

A t-shirt I bought in 1997 in a vintage shop in Brighton. It's a US College type from the 80's.
Cost £2.50 and still wear it now.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Old, inherited, and vintage on 19:46 - Feb 3 with 626 viewsBLUEBEAT

1- still got a jumbo corduroy double-breasted peacoat i bought from Duffer St George (when they were at d’Arblay Street before they sold out). Bought around ‘89 I reckon, so 30 years old!!!

2 - inherited my Dad’s Oyster Rolex but only wear it at weddings/funerals. Not very reliable and battered up but one of my most treasured possessions.

3 - Swiss Army sniper smock. People assume it’s a Maharishi (as they’ve produced garms with a copycat print) but this is the real deal and cost a tenner from Becketts Army & Navy.

Poll: W or W

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024