Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have reaped what we sow 21:39 - Feb 10 with 4343 viewskesblue

All you lot wanted mm out ,look what has has happened. End of
We have reaped what we sow on 23:16 - Feb 10 with 502 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ah, the messiah who lost 5 of his last 6 matches in charge...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We have reaped what we sow on 23:36 - Feb 10 with 477 viewsRyorry

We have reaped what we sow on 22:29 - Feb 10 by PJH

In upwards of 60 years of supporting ITFC I have never understood "entertainment" being put ahead of results.
If you watch a game as a neutral then fine but if you support a team the result has to be paramount in my view.

I love Paul Lambert and even if he does not get us out of this mess this season I hope that he is here for the long haul and yes the football is much better than last season but I would much rather have the 25 or so more points that we would probably now have if MM was still here.

If PL had followed MM(although the natives might not have liked that) then we might well be towards the top of the table but we got Hurst and we are where we are.

I think "be careful what you wish for" is very very apt in the case of some ITFC followers.

If all I cared about was results, simply going to the most convenient sports website or radio/TV station to find out the scores and look at league tables would be all I'd need to do to follow my team/club.

As it is, I don't just want results, I want excitement, entertainment and atmosphere (if at all possible in conjunction with stylish football that's attractive to watch) - that's why I buy tickets to go to games. I can't get to as many as I'd like these days, but I'm more likely to make strenuous efforts to get to those with Lambert at the helm than I was to get to MM's dull as ditchwater same old same olds.

Or perhaps I should just zip it ::::::::::::: ;/

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

We have reaped what we sow on 00:15 - Feb 11 with 449 viewsBlueBadger

We have reaped what we sow on 23:16 - Feb 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

Ah, the messiah who lost 5 of his last 6 matches in charge...

As opposed to the one with 2 in 17?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We have reaped what we sow on 00:22 - Feb 11 with 453 viewsBlueBadger

Speaking as one who liked him, Mick stayed on a season too long. Where Evans went wrong was in a) making a bad appointment and b) not having a club infrastructure in place that would limit the damage a bad appointment could do.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 11:20]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We have reaped what we sow on 00:24 - Feb 11 with 446 viewsWednesdayJon

We have reaped what we sow on 22:29 - Feb 10 by PJH

In upwards of 60 years of supporting ITFC I have never understood "entertainment" being put ahead of results.
If you watch a game as a neutral then fine but if you support a team the result has to be paramount in my view.

I love Paul Lambert and even if he does not get us out of this mess this season I hope that he is here for the long haul and yes the football is much better than last season but I would much rather have the 25 or so more points that we would probably now have if MM was still here.

If PL had followed MM(although the natives might not have liked that) then we might well be towards the top of the table but we got Hurst and we are where we are.

I think "be careful what you wish for" is very very apt in the case of some ITFC followers.

Please don't consider me to be intruding on your collective 'grief', but i think this poster has made the crucial point:

Winning comes first. All of us fans want to see winning, successful football first and foremost. We are rarely left feeling that winning games regularly is not good value entertainment!
Winning with flair and swagger is a bonus.
But on the other hand, how many clubs persist for very long with players or managers playing 'pleasing on the eye' football, but losing most often?
How many clubs grow, or even maintain their attendances, due to the perceived 'quality' of the football whilst experiencing a long run of poor results?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024