Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reminds me of the Burley years 11:21 - Feb 19 with 3784 viewsFrimleyBlue

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Reminds me of the Burley years on 13:26 - Feb 19 with 450 viewsEly_Blue

Reminds me of the Burley years on 12:45 - Feb 19 by LeagueOne

How?

Burley managed only two finishes outside of the top 10 of any league, and those were both in the top tier. Hardly a fighting scenario, it was year on year improvement up until the end, where we sold players the money was re-invested in the team in a substantial way. Burley managed to reach the quarter and semi-finals of cup competitions and we routinely beat bigger and better teams, everyone from Manchester United, Liverpool, Blackburn after having just won the league, and even Inter Milan.

This was a draw to Stoke at home, Stoke having struggled for months. We're bottom having won three games all season.

I am struggling to see how that reminds you of an extremely successful period of the club. If we were in this position in the 90's we'd be calling for the managers/chairman's head, as we did back then, which is why we got Burley and Sheepshanks in the first place. We weren't cheering on 3-0 losses to Norwich and 1-1 home draws in 1995 that's for sure. People at the time were disgusted with what had happened in 3 years since being promoted and wanted change.

And along comes the resident d1ckhead to pour water on any optimism around the place

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Reminds me of the Burley years on 19:27 - Feb 19 with 377 viewsCotton_eyed_joe

I gave up a season ticket during the dark lord s reign. I then went to 10 or more games a season but dropped it to 5 or 6 the last 2 yrs as it was so boring to watch. Ive managed to go to all but 3 home games this season and the feel good is back. Next season I will be buying my son and me a season tickets. Lambert/Evans are getting the club back to how it was and watching is enjoyable again. win/lose or draw
Reminds me of the Burley years on 19:47 - Feb 19 with 367 viewsThe_Last_Baron

on 12:26 - Feb 19 by _

For quality the first leg at Bolton was a much better game. Town were fantastic in the second half. I felt we never got going in the second leg, due to Bolton's continuous tactical fouls. Had Eidur Gudjohnsen played I feel we'd have lost.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024