Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert and the future 12:52 - Mar 3 with 1336 viewsBobbychase

I don't blame people for questioning Lambert. We're in a terrible position and it hurts. This season - with Norwich possibly going up and us almost certainly down - is scripted from all our worst nightmares. When you're ill, you just want someone to give you a pill that will take the pain away. When you're bottom of the table and have only had three wins all season, you feel similar. Sacking the manager and trying someone else would at least feel like doing SOMETHING

But for me Paul is the man and I'll be renewing my ST as soon as I get the chance. I don't believe anyone could have come in and turned Kayden Jackson into a Championship striker, or resurrected Adeyemi from his sickbed. What he has done, with the signings of Will Keane, Alan Judge and James Collins, is demonstrate to me that he knows the type of player we needed. Let's not forget we were bottom and adrift when he was doing business in the January transfer window - I give him credit for persuading Collins and Judge in particular to be honest. The same people I saw questioning the Will Keane signing ('why are we shopping in the bargain basement, Hull reject etc) are now mourning the fact he has a lengthy injury spell.

Behind the scenes, Lambert is putting into place the changes that this club needs to go forward, changes a lot of us have wanted -such as a better link up between our (successful) youth teams and the first team, something Mick never managed, or wanted to do.

By the way, those of us who see the potential in Lambert are also suffering. It's not like we're sitting here with big smiles on our faces. This season makes me sick.

Injured or unable to play regularly: Huws, Adeyemi, Lankester, Ward, Sears, Keane, Walters, Folami, Morrison, Collins, Harrison, Nydam
Confidence shot to bits: Bart, Gerken
Not living up to hype or price tag: Edwards, Nolan, Nsiala, Jackson

Also, with everything that's gone wrong, it's easy to forget that two of our most promising Academy players (Ben Knight and Marcelo Flores), were poached by Man City and Arsenal in the summer. I see Charlie Brown, who Chelsea picked up from our Academy, is getting a lot of attention too for his scoring record in their youth team.

Everything that could go wrong this season, has. From Walters pulling up injured against 10 men v Bolton (twice at home this season we've drawn when playing 11 v 10) to Will Keane hitting form, then pulling his hamstring, we've been cursed. I've been watching ITFC since 1987 and I've never known a season like it.

But. With the deadwood cleared out in the summer, the loans returned and hopefully players like Judge signed to longer term deals, I can see reasons to believe we could prosper next season. If a side can be built around the likes of Downes, Bishop, Dozzell and Woolfenden with attacking players like Edwards, Nolan and Rowe (who I've always thought could do a good job for us) blended with the experience of the likes of Chambers and Skuse, it could be an enjoyable campaign.

Football wisdom dictates that you give a manager at least two transfer windows before you can say it's really his team. With Lambert, I discount the one we've just had because he was in an almost impossible position, trying to sign players who knew that if they joined us permanently they would almost certainly be playing in League One next year.
The caveat is that if we are bottom ten in League One in November/December next season I would expect more dissent to surface.

If I was Marcus Evans, I would move heaven and earth to sign Alan Judge now, not later. If he wants a decent season ticket sales figure, he needs to act now, and send a signal that backs up his big talk of his last interview.

PS: Credit to Blue Action for what they're doing for the Portman Road atmosphere. Plenty have tried to address the issue, they are the first to succeed for more than a couple of games. More power to them.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Lambert and the future on 14:46 - Mar 3 with 1220 viewsGuthrum

Spot on.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lambert and the future on 14:55 - Mar 3 with 1172 viewsMrTown

Great post!

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambert and the future on 14:59 - Mar 3 with 1162 viewsHerbivore

Has anyone actually said he should be sacked? I think Blubfish hinted at it but nobody takes him seriously.

Lambert should be given the summer and a decent chunk of next season to show what he can do. Jury is out for me to be completely honest, he's done a lot I like but not too much of it has been anything to do with us being better at playing football. The football side of things has been disappointing for me even allowing for mitigating circumstances.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert and the future on 15:16 - Mar 3 with 1112 viewsPecker

Lambert and the future on 14:59 - Mar 3 by Herbivore

Has anyone actually said he should be sacked? I think Blubfish hinted at it but nobody takes him seriously.

Lambert should be given the summer and a decent chunk of next season to show what he can do. Jury is out for me to be completely honest, he's done a lot I like but not too much of it has been anything to do with us being better at playing football. The football side of things has been disappointing for me even allowing for mitigating circumstances.

I agree. Mr Lambert says all the right things, but on the pitch, very little improvement. I don't care for now though as we are down. I just want him to have a clear plan on how we are going to play next season and get the right personnel in to make us into title challengers next season. For now, Lambert is the right man in charge. I will not judge him again until around November ish.
Lambert and the future on 15:22 - Mar 3 with 1089 viewsCuffy81

Great post

Whilst results have been poor and Lambert has undoubtedly made mistakes, notably yesterday he definitely deserves a chance to try and sort this mess out with a full pre season and an opportunity to recruit without the burden of being cut adrift at the bottom.
Lambert and the future on 16:01 - Mar 3 with 998 viewspabloisgod

Great post and spot on - looking forward to next year under Lambert
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024