Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’ve changed my mind about Lambert 10:33 - Mar 13 with 2511 viewsBlackboots

Until very recently I’ve held the view that he was a decent fella and very media savvy but not the man to take us forward. Based on the evidence of the last two performances I can see that he is turning things around and if anyone can get our club moving back in the right direction (which is going to be hard even in division one) it’s him.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

I’ve changed my mind about Lambert on 10:36 - Mar 13 with 2448 viewsArnieM

#Wewerecarefulwhatwewishedfor#PaulLambert

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I’ve changed my mind about Lambert on 10:41 - Mar 13 with 2383 viewsBlackboots

I’ve changed my mind about Lambert on 10:36 - Mar 13 by ArnieM

#Wewerecarefulwhatwewishedfor#PaulLambert

Let’s just hope he can keep the young players he seems to be bringing into the team ready for next season. If they shine in the next few games we could lose them in the summer. Evans won’t think twice about selling and there’s a big financial drop between playing in the championship and league one.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

I’ve changed my mind about Lambert on 10:45 - Mar 13 with 2338 viewsSouperJim

I’ve changed my mind about Lambert on 10:41 - Mar 13 by Blackboots

Let’s just hope he can keep the young players he seems to be bringing into the team ready for next season. If they shine in the next few games we could lose them in the summer. Evans won’t think twice about selling and there’s a big financial drop between playing in the championship and league one.

I don't necessarily agree on that point. Evans has shown in the past that he is prepared to hang onto players which the manager feels are important to the team, regardless of lucrative offers. I think it could take an offer well in excess of their worth.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

I’ve changed my mind about Lambert on 10:45 - Mar 13 with 2330 viewsBogblue

I’ve changed my mind about Lambert on 10:41 - Mar 13 by Blackboots

yes, if we don't make use in future of some in our brilliant u-23 side right now then what's the point?!
I’ve changed my mind about Lambert on 10:50 - Mar 13 with 2285 viewsWickets

I’ve changed my mind about Lambert on 10:45 - Mar 13 by SouperJim

I don't necessarily agree on that point. Evans has shown in the past that he is prepared to hang onto players which the manager feels are important to the team, regardless of lucrative offers. I think it could take an offer well in excess of their worth.

Yes i'm with you on this point, Our owner has often been quoted as wanting to bring our own players through and on the finantial side it makes sense .
I’ve changed my mind about Lambert on 11:20 - Mar 13 with 2138 viewsRobTheMonk

Give him until October and then a more accurate judge of how we're doing will be there.

I'm very happy that we're not doing the stupid passing at the back anymore though. That was killing us. I think he realised that our keepers are not on Ederson's level of distribution.
I’ve changed my mind about Lambert on 12:15 - Mar 13 with 1951 viewsblockb_steward

I’ve changed my mind about Lambert on 11:20 - Mar 13 by RobTheMonk

Give him until October and then a more accurate judge of how we're doing will be there.

I'm very happy that we're not doing the stupid passing at the back anymore though. That was killing us. I think he realised that our keepers are not on Ederson's level of distribution.

Spot on, pre-season very important
I’ve changed my mind about Lambert on 15:51 - Mar 13 with 1509 viewsbraveblue

I’ve changed my mind about Lambert on 10:45 - Mar 13 by SouperJim

Last summer?!!!!!! It is why we are where we are.
Login to get fewer ads

I’ve changed my mind about Lambert on 15:57 - Mar 13 with 1491 viewsCoastalblue

I’ve changed my mind about Lambert on 15:51 - Mar 13 by braveblue

Last summer?!!!!!! It is why we are where we are.

I very much doubt that was down to Evans, certainly not all of them anyway. We've had big bigs for players and not sold in the last few years, McGoldrick the obvious one to spring to mind.

Evans might have short arms and deep pockets when it comes to stumping up for transfer fees but I don't believe he goes against the manager or decides to sell people off his own back.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024