Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smoking 12:44 - Mar 22 with 4769 viewswkj

Long story short, I gave up smoking a few years ago, did it via the vape route (which I have been off of for over a year).

Cutting to the chase, getting really strong nicotine cravings of late, to the point I catch a wiff of someone having a crafty one and enjoy it instead of dislike it.

How does one survive the rogue craving out of the blue - eating my weight in Cadbury's Whole Nut is not an option, I can't be getting tubby or I will lose a bunch of my followers on insta.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Smoking on 04:17 - Mar 23 with 573 viewsWeWereZombies

Smoking on 22:19 - Mar 22 by jeera

Just stick it out and put up with it.

As some old boy once told me, the first 20 years are the hardest son.

I read somewhere at the time I was giving it up (36 years ago now) that the after effects of the addiction last for around seven years, get past that marker and you are there.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Smoking on 08:15 - Mar 23 with 545 viewswitchdoctor

I was smoking 40 odd...rollies..a day up until 18 months ago... I use an inhilator which is is “smoke free” and only contains nicotine..don’t think I could have given up without it
Smoking on 11:15 - Mar 23 with 524 viewsBlueastheycome

Don’t do it. The fags will make you feeling sick as it’s been so long and will outweigh the pleasure of having one.

Mind you, the nausea will wear off once you get back into it again. But ignore this bit.
Smoking on 12:05 - Mar 23 with 511 viewsSE1blue

Smoking on 22:04 - Mar 22 by Vintage65

Me too SE1blue I could never have stopped smoking without Easyway! Put simply, it stopped me wanting to smoke, so it is certainly worth reading for people who are struggling having given up.

That was 14 years ago when I was 40 having smoked since I was 13, and after many attempts to stop before then, which always resulted in rows with my wife, as I was an angry monster without fags!

Well done!

It's coming up on 16 years for me.Your situation sounds very similar to mine as the book just made me see smoking as completely pointless. I smoked as I read it and stopped completely about two chapters from the end.

Mine caused issues at work. Mainly because I stank of fags in a customer-based business (my boss would publicly shame and reprimand me for this -TWTD...not!) and I was too often missing from my desk as I'd sneak out at any opportunity.

I also remember first dates would always look at me with "HE"S HAVING ANOTHER ONE!!!" face as the last one was barely cold in the ashtray.

Sounds cheesy, but it's a book that actually changed my life.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Smoking on 13:41 - Mar 23 with 488 viewsMeadowlark

Smoking on 13:10 - Mar 22 by SE1blue

I used to smoke 40 a day and was regularly ill as a result. It got to the point where it was ruling my life and then a friend recommended I read 'The Easy Way To Give Up Smoking' by Allen Carr.

You've already stopped but you could still read this and it'll help. I went from smoking 40 a day to none by the end of the book.

Can't recommend it enough.

Agreed. Good book. Certainly helped me. Quit over five years ago. Best thing I ever did.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024