Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Committed? 10:27 - Apr 1 with 997 viewsbobbyramsey

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/paul-lambert-committed-to-ipswich-town-1-5969020
Very poor show from TWTDers on this topic on 10:37 - Apr 1 with 943 viewsunstableblue

I listened live to the interview, and I thought it was pretty clear that Lambert was responding to the point that fans may think due to the lack of wins he may be didn't deserve to have his future at Portman Road.

I think the point Paul was making is that he fully understands and empathises with fans who would say he shouldn't be kept on due to the lack of wins. And similarly if Marcus decided that the turn around under Paul has not been effective enough, then his future with the club could be terminated. At the same time I think it did upset Paul.

It was pretty big leap fomr many on here that he was 'definitely going'; 'Paul has f*cked us' etc etc

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Very poor show from TWTDers on this topic on 10:40 - Apr 1 with 924 viewsitfcjoe

Very poor show from TWTDers on this topic on 10:37 - Apr 1 by unstableblue

I listened live to the interview, and I thought it was pretty clear that Lambert was responding to the point that fans may think due to the lack of wins he may be didn't deserve to have his future at Portman Road.

I think the point Paul was making is that he fully understands and empathises with fans who would say he shouldn't be kept on due to the lack of wins. And similarly if Marcus decided that the turn around under Paul has not been effective enough, then his future with the club could be terminated. At the same time I think it did upset Paul.

It was pretty big leap fomr many on here that he was 'definitely going'; 'Paul has f*cked us' etc etc

He clearly had his back put up by Brennar by line of questioning.

Nothing has changed though, nothing to see here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Very poor show from TWTDers on this topic on 10:52 - Apr 1 with 833 viewsTractorCam

That's very unlike Ipswich fans...

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Very poor show from TWTDers on this topic on 11:05 - Apr 1 with 776 viewsGuthrum

I did find the increasingly indeterminate (even valedictory) tone regarding his future as the segment went on - despite having a long contract in place - rather disturbing.

After all, it was acknowleged from the start that relegation was a real possibility. Evans is not an owner with a track record of ruthless managerial sackings. It should be a basic assumption that Lambert will be at ITFC next season. But he was speaking as if it very much isn't.

Given the precarious position of the club, suspended between the Championship and League One for the first time in 60 years, is it surprising if that was enough to set alarm bells ringing?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Very poor show from TWTDers on this topic on 11:08 - Apr 1 with 751 viewsfactual_blue

Oh come on. Next you'll be telling me people on here lack skills of basic English comprehension, that most of us had mastered by the time we were eleven.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024