Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 1 13:20 - Apr 22 with 6773 viewsHerbivore

Anyone else watching Pompey v Coventry? The standard looks pretty whack, and these are two of the better sides. The tempo is relatively high but nobody seems able to actually play football.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

League 1 on 17:11 - Apr 22 with 757 viewsHerbivore

League 1 on 17:08 - Apr 22 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Mate have you heard the table doesn't lie thing? It's true. We are not even in relegation fight. Burton are a good example of a squad that won twice as many games as us and then finished mid table I believe with the same kind of squad. These I am afraid are the facts at the moment.

You're confusing opinions with facts.

League 1 on 17:15 - Apr 22 with 750 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

League 1 on 17:11 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

You're confusing opinions with facts.

How many games Did Burton win last year? Where are they in the league this year?

You're the confused one (as usual).
League 1 on 17:17 - Apr 22 with 738 viewsHerbivore

League 1 on 17:15 - Apr 22 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

How many games Did Burton win last year? Where are they in the league this year?

You're the confused one (as usual).

That you think those things have any bearing on us is an opinion, and an ill-founded one at that.

League 1 on 17:20 - Apr 22 with 731 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

League 1 on 17:17 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

That you think those things have any bearing on us is an opinion, and an ill-founded one at that.

God your tiresome. Everything is an opinion, I just used some facts to back it up my notion that if we are playing this kind of football next year with the same squad we aren't going to do much. Obviously next season hasn't happened yet so what will happen is all speculation and opinions.

Sorry for using some numbers behind mine though.
League 1 on 17:26 - Apr 22 with 725 viewsHerbivore

League 1 on 17:20 - Apr 22 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

God your tiresome. Everything is an opinion, I just used some facts to back it up my notion that if we are playing this kind of football next year with the same squad we aren't going to do much. Obviously next season hasn't happened yet so what will happen is all speculation and opinions.

Sorry for using some numbers behind mine though.

*you're

League 1 on 17:31 - Apr 22 with 719 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

League 1 on 17:26 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

*you're

Great. see ya.
League 1 on 17:32 - Apr 22 with 715 viewsm14_blue

League 1 on 17:08 - Apr 22 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Mate have you heard the table doesn't lie thing? It's true. We are not even in relegation fight. Burton are a good example of a squad that won twice as many games as us and then finished mid table I believe with the same kind of squad. These I am afraid are the facts at the moment.

Yeah I get that and you’re right of course. However, you’ve also picked the only team in the last couple of years who haven’t come straight back up and who also happen to be at a tiny club who probably belong in the non league and will have a massively smaller budget than us.

Things are bad enough at the moment, do we really need to focus on the absolute worst case scenario for next season too?

If people are optimistic, maybe even a little over optimistic, is that such a problem?
League 1 on 17:43 - Apr 22 with 704 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

League 1 on 17:32 - Apr 22 by m14_blue

Yeah I get that and you’re right of course. However, you’ve also picked the only team in the last couple of years who haven’t come straight back up and who also happen to be at a tiny club who probably belong in the non league and will have a massively smaller budget than us.

Things are bad enough at the moment, do we really need to focus on the absolute worst case scenario for next season too?

If people are optimistic, maybe even a little over optimistic, is that such a problem?

Well we are going to have all time low relegation total in regards to points. Unless we win out (as they say over here), which I don't think we will. It's conceivable that no team that got relegated last year will return (if Barnsley miss out on automatic and them and Sunderland lose in the playoffs). Of course both might go up, or one of them. Anyway it's clearly not a cake walk and I think we are historically bad at the moment.

I can only comment on what I see. Apart from West Brom away I think we have been playing mid table, league one football at best and the results don't lie. I'm going to need to see some changes in the summer to be more optimistic.

What's that saying, fact's don't care about your feelings?

Of course no one would be happier than be if we stormed the league or found a way to bounce back up but I'm going to need to see something different first.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 17:47]
Login to get fewer ads

League 1 on 21:41 - Apr 22 with 644 viewsFelstow1978

League 1 on 16:13 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

Since Lambert joined we have been marginally better than Bolton.

so merely sh1te, as opposed to utterly sh1te?

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024