Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any old Mods about - 1st or 2nd gen 12:26 - May 4 with 9208 viewsLord_Lucan

Wondering if anyone had been to the Shaping a Generation exhibition in Leicester. I wouldn't mind going but Leicester of all places?

http://shapingageneration.co.uk/

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Any old Mods about - 1st or 2nd gen on 19:32 - May 7 with 887 viewsBluespeed225

Any old Mods about - 1st or 2nd gen on 17:31 - May 7 by BLUEBEAT

I have a Bluesville flyer with them on somewhere

An old cricket team mate in the 80’s was a bloke called Ron West, along with Ben Foster and Dick Bloomfield, all top musicians, and in various bands in the 60’s. I was picking Ron’s son up a few years back, who has a massive soul/Northern collection, a whole room of shelves, and there in the hallway was the Bluesville poster for The Action gig, summer of 66’. He was lending it to the chap who was writing the book on the band, ‘In the lap of the Mods’. I have been trying to get him to do a limited run of reprints, good quality stuff, small numbers. We’ll see! The Zepplin one at the Baths Hall has been done to death, but there a some cracking mid 60’s line ups at The Manor. I used to go there just after that for Cliff Quay kids Xmas parties. In the 80’s it held record fares and I couldn’t believe that those bands had been on that little stage. Those really must have been the days!
Any old Mods about - 1st or 2nd gen on 20:31 - May 7 with 866 viewsblueislander

Any old Mods about - 1st or 2nd gen on 19:32 - May 7 by Bluespeed225

An old cricket team mate in the 80’s was a bloke called Ron West, along with Ben Foster and Dick Bloomfield, all top musicians, and in various bands in the 60’s. I was picking Ron’s son up a few years back, who has a massive soul/Northern collection, a whole room of shelves, and there in the hallway was the Bluesville poster for The Action gig, summer of 66’. He was lending it to the chap who was writing the book on the band, ‘In the lap of the Mods’. I have been trying to get him to do a limited run of reprints, good quality stuff, small numbers. We’ll see! The Zepplin one at the Baths Hall has been done to death, but there a some cracking mid 60’s line ups at The Manor. I used to go there just after that for Cliff Quay kids Xmas parties. In the 80’s it held record fares and I couldn’t believe that those bands had been on that little stage. Those really must have been the days!

If I am not mistaken Ron West was one of The Nomads.Bluesville did host fantastic bands. Among many others I saw Spencer Davis Group who appeared very regularly Zoot Money Big Roll Band, Georgie Fame and The Blue Flames, John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers, The Art Woods, Downliner Sect, The Animals, PrettyThings, Yardbirds, Steampacket, an d many more that don’t immediately come to mind. Any other old Mods like to add to the list?
Any old Mods about - 1st or 2nd gen on 20:31 - May 7 with 866 viewsBLUEBEAT

Any old Mods about - 1st or 2nd gen on 19:32 - May 7 by Bluespeed225

Such posters would sell well if they were nicely screenprinted. I’d have one!

Here are a couple of Shotgun Express flyers at Bluesville. One incorrectly names them as Rocket Express!

Poll: W or W

Any old Mods about - 1st or 2nd gen on 10:03 - May 8 with 832 viewsBluespeed225

Any old Mods about - 1st or 2nd gen on 20:31 - May 7 by blueislander

If I am not mistaken Ron West was one of The Nomads.Bluesville did host fantastic bands. Among many others I saw Spencer Davis Group who appeared very regularly Zoot Money Big Roll Band, Georgie Fame and The Blue Flames, John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers, The Art Woods, Downliner Sect, The Animals, PrettyThings, Yardbirds, Steampacket, an d many more that don’t immediately come to mind. Any other old Mods like to add to the list?

I think your right. There are some publicity shots from the time. He’s still a top drummer, Jazz nowadays. The Dick( I think) Sullivan Soul Band was another. Dick Bloomfield was a work mate in the 80’s, Trummy to everyone as he played the trombone. They did the Hamburg think in the 60’s. When channel 4 screened the RSG Otis Redding Special in around 85’, he told me to watch the drummer! I kept the video for years until it appeared on YouTube. I still love watching it!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024