Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich star 20:02 - May 27 with 1080 viewsrgp1

I think the stars coverage of local sport including ITFC has always been pretty good, however I'm sure some will have noticed just recently they don't like being criticised. They have a fellow on there called Jason Noble who is referred to as a ' local democracy reporter', however he frequently blocks comments on his articles on the website. Indeed the Political Reporter Paul Geater recently threw his toys out of the pram because he didn't like some of the comments on his articles. Yes you can't have people saying all sorts of things but to call yourself a local democracy reporter and then to block comments on your articles is a bit childish thoughts?
Ipswich star on 20:18 - May 27 with 1022 viewsClapham_Junction

I don't understand why news sites like the Star or the BBC allow comments at all. It just seems to be an opportunity for people to embarrass themselves or highlight their dubious views.

The idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid is a reason why politics is going the way it's going.
Ipswich star on 09:50 - May 28 with 767 viewsBlueBadger

Ipswich star on 20:18 - May 27 by Clapham_Junction

I don't understand why news sites like the Star or the BBC allow comments at all. It just seems to be an opportunity for people to embarrass themselves or highlight their dubious views.

The idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid is a reason why politics is going the way it's going.

'All opinions are valid' is less of a problem than 'my opinion holds as much weight as your facts'.
Which is why we're in the mess we're in now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ipswich star on 09:53 - May 28 with 754 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Depend very much on what the nature of the article is.

Considering how racist and xenophobic some comments are on most political articles, I can understand the general policy. If the whole point of the comments is to make a personal attack rather than engage in the issue, it is again a good argument to close them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024