Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What i like about Norwood whether he signs or not 15:14 - May 29 with 1286 viewsCoco

Is that he is a proper character. His interviews have been brilliant and he seems to fully appreciate everything he has with a great sense of humour. He seems to be a personality that we have missed and one that craves success. If nothing else i think his personality will be a benefit to the club.

Also imo, i think we need to stick with Lambert long term as he understands what is required and his long term thinking is what I’ve been crowing about for over a decade. I feel we finally have a manager who is interested in the club above himself and anything else. The short term may be painful but he is sowing the seeds for a more fruitful and sustainable future. He’s a good man.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

What i like about Norwood whether he signs or not on 15:16 - May 29 with 1258 viewsfactual_blue

But will he let any of the youngsters lodge with him?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What i like about Norwood whether he signs or not on 15:48 - May 29 with 1169 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

What i like about Norwood whether he signs or not on 15:55 - May 29 with 1138 viewsHerbivore

What specifically have you seen Lambert doing to benefit the club in 10 years time?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What i like about Norwood whether he signs or not on 16:06 - May 29 with 1104 viewsCoco

What i like about Norwood whether he signs or not on 15:55 - May 29 by Herbivore

What specifically have you seen Lambert doing to benefit the club in 10 years time?

His intent to define a style of play throughout the club with a clear pathway for youth. His intentions to sign players to fit this system and avoid heavy use of the loan system. Obviously there is a lot of fire fighting to be done short term and actions speak louder than words etc but his soundbites are exactly what we need and he needs the time to carry them out. His reign begins this summer.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

What i like about Norwood whether he signs or not on 16:09 - May 29 with 1090 viewsHerbivore

What i like about Norwood whether he signs or not on 16:06 - May 29 by Coco

His intent to define a style of play throughout the club with a clear pathway for youth. His intentions to sign players to fit this system and avoid heavy use of the loan system. Obviously there is a lot of fire fighting to be done short term and actions speak louder than words etc but his soundbites are exactly what we need and he needs the time to carry them out. His reign begins this summer.

Fair enough. At the moment soundbites is all they are though. I wouldn't be giving him a 5 year deal off the back of saying what we want to hear. He needs to win some football matches first and foremost.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What i like about Norwood whether he signs or not on 17:33 - May 29 with 953 viewsCoco

What i like about Norwood whether he signs or not on 16:09 - May 29 by Herbivore

Fair enough. At the moment soundbites is all they are though. I wouldn't be giving him a 5 year deal off the back of saying what we want to hear. He needs to win some football matches first and foremost.

Oh i agree but it’s heartening to hear.

What i like about Norwood whether he signs or not on 18:24 - May 29 with 878 viewsMoriarty

What i like about Norwood whether he signs or not on 16:06 - May 29 by Coco

His reign began last October.

It’s going to be a results business now we’re in League One. He and the players failed to turn things around. Even allowing for fair and reasonable mitigating factors, there’s at least as much ground for concern as optimism.

fka omuircheartaigh

What i like about Norwood whether he signs or not on 18:42 - May 29 with 850 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

What i like about Norwood whether he signs or not on 18:24 - May 29 by Moriarty

His reign began last October.

It’s going to be a results business now we’re in League One. He and the players failed to turn things around. Even allowing for fair and reasonable mitigating factors, there’s at least as much ground for concern as optimism.

His reign did indeed begin last October, but it was a reign with one hand tied behind his back, courtesy of the transfer window. He had to wait until the window opened in January, before he was allowed to sign anyone, by which time we were almost certs for relegation, and who can you attract in that situation without throwing money, that we didn't have? What he did do was (i) change the playing style (ii) win back the fans and (iii) get the Owner more engaged. What PL took on was an almost impossible task, I remember posting at the time that it would be a total miracle if anyone could turn it around. In reality, he was building for next season in L1, and to have kept the fans on board for such a car crash of a season is remarkable in itself.

Poll: would you rather

Login to get fewer ads

What i like about Norwood whether he signs or not on 19:13 - May 29 with 807 viewsMoriarty

What i like about Norwood whether he signs or not on 18:42 - May 29 by LegendofthePhoenix

His reign did indeed begin last October, but it was a reign with one hand tied behind his back, courtesy of the transfer window. He had to wait until the window opened in January, before he was allowed to sign anyone, by which time we were almost certs for relegation, and who can you attract in that situation without throwing money, that we didn't have? What he did do was (i) change the playing style (ii) win back the fans and (iii) get the Owner more engaged. What PL took on was an almost impossible task, I remember posting at the time that it would be a total miracle if anyone could turn it around. In reality, he was building for next season in L1, and to have kept the fans on board for such a car crash of a season is remarkable in itself.

I accept allowances need to be made but if past performance is the best indicator of future performance, we’re f@cked.

fka omuircheartaigh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024