Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
league position 08:02 - May 30 with 1126 viewsmeekreech

Having been relegated we can now leave the cup competitions earlier to concentrate on the league! That should be a help.

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

league position on 08:04 - May 30 with 1115 viewsPositivelyPortman

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

league position on 08:05 - May 30 with 1110 viewsBloomBlue

No need to ignore the FA Cup as we'll have the league won already before the Prem teams join so we can centrate on at least reaching the semis.
league position on 10:09 - May 30 with 1005 viewsOldsmoker

Any idea on what Lambert thinks of the Cups?
That first season under Mick, I thought he was being sensible and pragmatic because we needed to get to safety. Then I realised he thinks cups are a distraction.
Surely, to ease our money worries in a season where finishing mid-table was the obvious outcome we could have had a cup run. We coulda been somebody, we coulda been contenders.
Much as I disliked the Dark Lord he did get us to the League Cup semi-final.
Back in the old days (cue violins) BBC commentators used to suggest players were making half-hearted tackles because they were saving themselves for next weeks cup game. That would never happen today because the team for the cup game is the reserves and the yoofs.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

league position on 13:04 - May 30 with 954 viewsmeekreech

league position on 08:04 - May 30 by PositivelyPortman

Can you not see a joke ?

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

league position on 13:09 - May 30 with 947 viewsNthsuffolkblue

league position on 10:09 - May 30 by Oldsmoker

That first season under Mick, I thought he was being sensible and pragmatic because we needed to get to safety. Then I realised he thinks cups are a distraction.
Surely, to ease our money worries in a season where finishing mid-table was the obvious outcome we could have had a cup run. We coulda been somebody, we coulda been contenders.
Back in the old days (cue violins) BBC commentators used to suggest players were making half-hearted tackles because they were saving themselves for next weeks cup game. That would never happen today because the team for the cup game is the reserves and the yoofs.

I would like to see Lambert err on the side of keeping momentum. Giving a few players a rest and a few squad players a game (reserve keeper especially) is fine but putting out a completely changed 11 is never good. Do we get as many mid-week games in this league? I guess it depends a little on whether we (or opposition teams) will have enough internationals called up to miss playing on international breaks. How many call-ups are needed to postpone a game and does that include at U21 level?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

league position on 14:09 - May 30 with 921 viewsOldsmoker

league position on 13:09 - May 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would like to see Lambert err on the side of keeping momentum. Giving a few players a rest and a few squad players a game (reserve keeper especially) is fine but putting out a completely changed 11 is never good. Do we get as many mid-week games in this league? I guess it depends a little on whether we (or opposition teams) will have enough internationals called up to miss playing on international breaks. How many call-ups are needed to postpone a game and does that include at U21 level?

I think that for most teams, the early exits from the 2 Cups and playing during those international breaks make for a less congested season. There is the Checkatrade to contend with.
Sunderland were the only team that had a few games in hand in the last few weeks of the season possibly because they were in the Checkatrade final.
We won't have enough international call-ups to postpone matches I think.
Last season there were mid-week matches for the Championship but no Lg1 or Lg2 and then vice-versa when the League cup was being played.
With 46 Lg1 matches its the same number of games which started on the same day as the Championship but ended one week earlier so its a neverending slog whatever league you're in.
I've heard that Bristol Rovers who were voted Best Pitch in Lg1 2018/19 are relaying their pitch for next season so at least there will be one decent playing surface to visit.
I'm looking forward to next season and with some new faces in the team I have optimism but I always do at the start of any season - even the last one.
It's the hope that kills you.

league position on 14:28 - May 30 with 897 viewsActionMan

league position on 10:09 - May 30 by Oldsmoker

It's gone under the radar a bit, but Mick and Evans discussed whether or not we should try and win a Cup match, or throw it. That says everything about why we are where we are now to me. Never did I think we'd be a club that would refuse to compete for anything, it never was that way before Evans arrived. Now we here from Didz that they were only ever expected to stay up, nothing more, under Evans. It's a deep rooted rot here which stops with the owner.
league position on 14:59 - May 30 with 883 viewsOldsmoker

league position on 14:28 - May 30 by ActionMan

It's gone under the radar a bit, but Mick and Evans discussed whether or not we should try and win a Cup match, or throw it. That says everything about why we are where we are now to me. Never did I think we'd be a club that would refuse to compete for anything, it never was that way before Evans arrived. Now we here from Didz that they were only ever expected to stay up, nothing more, under Evans. It's a deep rooted rot here which stops with the owner.

I never knew that but it explains a lot.
Lambert might have other ideas though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024