Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conspiracy theory? 22:54 - May 30 with 2126 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So what if gut bacteria was affected by, say, the MMR vaccine?
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/may/30/autism-symptoms-replicated-mice-
...life is full of unknown unknowns!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

hmmmm on 09:21 - May 31 with 419 viewsDarth_Koont

hmmmm on 09:08 - May 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

Agreed....I have never come down one way or the other on the Vax thing as I do not know. I stick by thinking that many on here do pretend that science has the answers on this issue though.

Again, that's not how science works. The scientific process is based on doubt and using the best available knowledge at the time.

The comprehensive Danish study shows no correlation between MMR vaccinations and autism, even in subgroups (e.g. boys in families with other autistic children) that show a higher rate of autism.

So if you want to talk about a link between the MMR vaccination and autism you need to show how the study itself is flawed. Not just ignore it and pretend there's still an observable link out there that can only be seen by non-Danish people.

Pronouns: He/Him

Conspiracy theory? on 09:23 - May 31 with 417 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Conspiracy theory? on 09:19 - May 31 by DanTheMan

"I would be amazed if vaccines did not impact gut health"

Why?

Because I consider our bodies as an interconnected ecosystem man.....who would have thought that trees communicate with the earth via fungii !!

hmmmm on 09:27 - May 31 with 410 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

hmmmm on 09:21 - May 31 by Darth_Koont

Again, that's not how science works. The scientific process is based on doubt and using the best available knowledge at the time.

The comprehensive Danish study shows no correlation between MMR vaccinations and autism, even in subgroups (e.g. boys in families with other autistic children) that show a higher rate of autism.

So if you want to talk about a link between the MMR vaccination and autism you need to show how the study itself is flawed. Not just ignore it and pretend there's still an observable link out there that can only be seen by non-Danish people.

So how on the best available knowledge can the pro vaxxers come across as so certain?
The difference in Denmark between 1 in 60 and 1 in 100 seems worth looking in to.....off to cut more grass now.

Conspiracy theory? on 09:29 - May 31 with 404 viewsStokieBlue

Conspiracy theory? on 09:23 - May 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

Because I consider our bodies as an interconnected ecosystem man.....who would have thought that trees communicate with the earth via fungii !!

That's not really a good enough answer if you're going to draw a potentially dangerous correlation.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Conspiracy theory? on 09:35 - May 31 with 398 viewsDarth_Koont

Conspiracy theory? on 09:23 - May 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

Scientists.

And we already know our bodies are interconnected ecosystems even down to the cellular level.

As I said to pazelle once, for someone who prided himself on having an open and curious mind, he showed a remarkable lack of interest in actually learning about things and understanding them. Probably because it's easier to say you're a free thinker than to actually do any thinking.

Conspiracy theory? on 09:37 - May 31 with 395 viewsfactual_blue

Conspiracy theory? on 23:07 - May 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

We are faced with a myriad of barely understood interactions between organs of the human body.....1 in 60 are developing autism....maybe certainty on either side of the debate sbould be tempered.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

hmmmm on 09:38 - May 31 with 392 viewsDarth_Koont

hmmmm on 09:27 - May 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

So how on the best available knowledge can the pro vaxxers come across as so certain?
The difference in Denmark between 1 in 60 and 1 in 100 seems worth looking in to.....off to cut more grass now.

Because they're using their beliefs not any objective analysis.

The difference between 1 in 60 and 1 in 100 may only be about how you classify autism for the purpose of a study to get reliable data.

Conspiracy theory? on 11:01 - May 31 with 357 viewscrunchie1978

Conspiracy theory? on 09:20 - May 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

This may be the most accurate thing you have ever posted.

My day is made!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024