Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
season tickets 11:16 - Jun 5 with 1045 viewsbluebare

It seems to have gone very quiet about numbers etc. I'm a ST holder of a few years and auto renewed. I was wondering if anyone would like to share it as I wont bother coming to every game as its a long way from Devon to watch 3rd tier footy
season tickets on 11:19 - Jun 5 with 1029 viewsTractorCam

Kind offer but why does it matter that it's 3rd tier? We're almost definitely going to win more games than last season for a start, that should make the travel more worthwhile.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

season tickets on 11:27 - Jun 5 with 1009 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

season tickets on 11:19 - Jun 5 by TractorCam

Kind offer but why does it matter that it's 3rd tier? We're almost definitely going to win more games than last season for a start, that should make the travel more worthwhile.

I have never understood this.

Surely you go to watch Ipswich and the opposition are largely incoseqeuntial?

I'd rather watch us beat Charlton and Portmouth than lose to Derby or Middlesbrough with hindsight.

Anyone who travelled last season to see us win 2 games at home from 23 but now won't be going when we have a good chance of winning 10-12 home games at least is difficult to comprehend if the level of football is the sole factor.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

season tickets on 11:33 - Jun 5 with 984 viewsTractorCam

season tickets on 11:27 - Jun 5 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I'd rather watch us beat Charlton and Portmouth than lose to Derby or Middlesbrough with hindsight.

Anyone who travelled last season to see us win 2 games at home from 23 but now won't be going when we have a good chance of winning 10-12 home games at least is difficult to comprehend if the level of football is the sole factor.

One of my best mates who supports Chelsea and likes Ipswich had a season ticket in 2015/16 after we got in the play offs (obviously ahead of a future prem season). He obviously didn't renew after that and I tried to convince him to get one this season with cheaper prices and potential promotion, wasn't having it. However he happily admitted that he would get one in the prem even though it would cost twice as much to watch us lose every week.

Slightly understandable as he's a glory hunter, but any actual Town fan with this mindset baffles me. Level of football shouldn't come into play.

season tickets on 11:37 - Jun 5 with 976 viewsbluebare

season tickets on 11:27 - Jun 5 by WarkTheWarkITFC

it cost me £100 ish just for fuel and watched all winning games. of course the opposition matter and the standard on offer. would you pay the same amount for a MacDonalds as you would Michelin star food?
season tickets on 11:41 - Jun 5 with 955 viewsTractorCam

season tickets on 11:37 - Jun 5 by bluebare

it cost me £100 ish just for fuel and watched all winning games. of course the opposition matter and the standard on offer. would you pay the same amount for a MacDonalds as you would Michelin star food?

If i didn't like Michelin star food and it came down to Mcdonald's price then yes. You're paying the same amount of money for fuel and spending less on ITFC to see us win many more games, happy days!

season tickets on 11:43 - Jun 5 with 947 viewsclive_baker

season tickets on 11:37 - Jun 5 by bluebare

I understand it.

It's the whole occasion too. Man United at home, 25,000 in there, 3,000 away fans milling around town, great atmosphere, quality on show from both teams, the eyes of the world interested. It's not the be all and end all but it makes a difference.

Yes it's about watching Ipswich, but it does make a difference compared to 13,000 people in attendance against Wycombe.

As for rather beating Portsmouth than lose to Boro in hindsight, anyone would think next season is going to be a cake walk that we'll romp. I fear it'll be far from it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

season tickets on 11:46 - Jun 5 with 924 viewsbluebare

season tickets on 11:33 - Jun 5 by TractorCam

One of my best mates who supports Chelsea and likes Ipswich had a season ticket in 2015/16 after we got in the play offs (obviously ahead of a future prem season). He obviously didn't renew after that and I tried to convince him to get one this season with cheaper prices and potential promotion, wasn't having it. However he happily admitted that he would get one in the prem even though it would cost twice as much to watch us lose every week.

Slightly understandable as he's a glory hunter, but any actual Town fan with this mindset baffles me. Level of football shouldn't come into play.

Maybe I have more sense than money.
season tickets on 11:47 - Jun 5 with 922 viewsTractorCam

season tickets on 11:43 - Jun 5 by clive_baker

I understand it.

It's the whole occasion too. Man United at home, 25,000 in there, 3,000 away fans milling around town, great atmosphere, quality on show from both teams, the eyes of the world interested. It's not the be all and end all but it makes a difference.

Yes it's about watching Ipswich, but it does make a difference compared to 13,000 people in attendance against Wycombe.

As for rather beating Portsmouth than lose to Boro in hindsight, anyone would think next season is going to be a cake walk that we'll romp. I fear it'll be far from it.

But we haven't been playing Man United.

I get the point, but given the circumstances next season SHOULD be better, you can't go in with a defeatist mind set then say in January we're winning games "oh ok i'll start coming again now".

Login to get fewer ads

season tickets on 11:55 - Jun 5 with 887 viewsxrayspecs

Existing ST holders have until next week to pay for their seat, after which those seats that are not renewed will go back on sale. Probably waiting for that deadline to pass before announcing numbers,

Would not expect it to be much different to the figure previously released as ticket office advised that they only anticipated a trickle of new applications after the early bird deadline.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024