Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First half marathon since 2016 tomorrow 15:33 - Jun 14 with 851 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I am looking forward to get back at it but I will just be pleased with under 2 hours which is 20 minutes slower than i used to do them, although I have shifted 15lb in the last couple of months for this one but still not in my best race shape.

Any runners on here these days? For first race in a while any tips? Go hell for leather and hope I can hang on? Or just cruise at 9 minute pace? ha
First half marathon since 2016 tomorrow on 15:47 - Jun 14 with 830 viewsSpruceMoose

Do you have to get sponsorship for this kind of thing? If so you should have whacked it up on the forum.

Edit - it isn't the one in Brooklyn tomorrow is it?
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 15:48]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

First half marathon since 2016 tomorrow on 15:51 - Jun 14 with 818 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

First half marathon since 2016 tomorrow on 15:47 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

Do you have to get sponsorship for this kind of thing? If so you should have whacked it up on the forum.

Edit - it isn't the one in Brooklyn tomorrow is it?
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 15:48]

I done a full marathon years ago and done it for charity. Since then I have been running 4 half's a year so don't ask for any sponsorship I am just a runner. At least I was until the last 2 years haha.

The one I am running is upstate New York, Ithaca, got a lake house for the weekend with a few friends. Finally a Saturday race so you can enjoy the weekend after it.
First half marathon since 2016 tomorrow on 15:52 - Jun 14 with 806 viewsSpruceMoose

First half marathon since 2016 tomorrow on 15:51 - Jun 14 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I done a full marathon years ago and done it for charity. Since then I have been running 4 half's a year so don't ask for any sponsorship I am just a runner. At least I was until the last 2 years haha.

The one I am running is upstate New York, Ithaca, got a lake house for the weekend with a few friends. Finally a Saturday race so you can enjoy the weekend after it.

It's nice up that way. Enjoy!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

First half marathon since 2016 tomorrow on 18:38 - Jun 14 with 726 viewsWD19

I don't consider myself a 'runner' but would hopefully get around a half in about 1:48 these days.

I know 'proper' runners go in for negative splits and the like....but whatever pace I start I just seem to get slower and slower.....so may as well go out strongly and see how it goes.
First half marathon since 2016 tomorrow on 19:02 - Jun 14 with 707 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

First half marathon since 2016 tomorrow on 18:38 - Jun 14 by WD19

I don't consider myself a 'runner' but would hopefully get around a half in about 1:48 these days.

I know 'proper' runners go in for negative splits and the like....but whatever pace I start I just seem to get slower and slower.....so may as well go out strongly and see how it goes.

I think I'll try and go out around 8 min mile and see how it goes for the first half of the race
First half marathon since 2016 tomorrow on 19:03 - Jun 14 with 705 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

First half marathon since 2016 tomorrow on 15:52 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

It's nice up that way. Enjoy!

The hill in Cornell campus is a b#stard though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024