Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Max Hastings article on our PM elect... 22:11 - Jun 24 with 3140 viewsDubtractor

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/24/boris-johnson-prime-minist

Not a lot in here is new, and Hastings views on Johnson are well documented, but it is a pretty damning takedown.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Max Hastings article on our PM elect... on 12:06 - Jun 25 with 260 viewsSwansea_Blue

Max Hastings article on our PM elect... on 11:48 - Jun 25 by GeoffSentence

I don't think it is a minor distinction. Particularly not in this day and age when fake news abounds.

There is a big difference between getting a man beaten up and talking about getting a man beaten up. It really doesn't take very much for people to read this sort of thing and believe that Bojo actually got someone beaten up, when he didn't.

I hate this. I am defending Bojo, never thought that would happen.

Legally though, conspiracy doesn't require the planned for act to have taken place. Normally, simply arranging for a crime to be carried out is sufficient for charges of conspiracy to be brought.

That's why I think this is a big deal. The recording of him agreeing to assist another man with a plan to beat up a journalist sounds very much like conspiracy to me. I'm surprised more hasn't been made of it (including police investigation).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024