Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crickets going well then..... (n/t) 12:04 - Jun 25 with 3910 viewshomer_123

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Crickets going well then..... (n/t) on 15:50 - Jun 25 with 521 viewsBloomBlue

Crickets going well then..... (n/t) on 15:26 - Jun 25 by Churchman

Like England rugby, they just don’t have the heart. You can see the fear on their faces. I’ve no doubt the excuses will be trotted out but not interested. Bunch of losers sadly

It's becoming a classic England team sport situation where a team peaks before the competition starts, bookies make them favourites and then blow up during the actual competition.

Hope they can prove me wrong
Crickets going well then..... (n/t) on 18:38 - Jun 25 with 491 viewsChurchman

Crickets going well then..... (n/t) on 15:31 - Jun 25 by christiand

I just can’t understand the logic where they keep going for their shots even when we are 2 or 3 wickets down early on? Surely better to dig in and build a platform, see off the premier bowlers and get the second string on? Just a very one dimensional approach, where they don’t adapt to the conditions or the game situation.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 15:32]

I just think they’re frightened, especially of Australia’s 3 quicker bowlers. I went to a one day game in the 90s when Brett Lee was at his fastest and you could literally smell the fear and see it in the England players faces as they went out to bat. They went out and played just like today. Threw the bat and lost by a country mile
Crickets going well then..... (n/t) on 18:43 - Jun 25 with 482 viewsballycastle

Crickets going well then..... (n/t) on 18:38 - Jun 25 by Churchman

I just think they’re frightened, especially of Australia’s 3 quicker bowlers. I went to a one day game in the 90s when Brett Lee was at his fastest and you could literally smell the fear and see it in the England players faces as they went out to bat. They went out and played just like today. Threw the bat and lost by a country mile

"you could literally smell the fear"

Really? You could smell men defecating due to facing Brett Lee?
Crickets going well then..... (n/t) on 19:15 - Jun 25 with 460 viewsChurchman

Crickets going well then..... (n/t) on 18:43 - Jun 25 by ballycastle

"you could literally smell the fear"

Really? You could smell men defecating due to facing Brett Lee?

Ok that’s a bit drama queen over the top, but it was very clear they they didn’t fancy it
Crickets going well then..... (n/t) on 19:27 - Jun 25 with 453 viewsstonojnr

Crickets going well then..... (n/t) on 15:50 - Jun 25 by BloomBlue

It's becoming a classic England team sport situation where a team peaks before the competition starts, bookies make them favourites and then blow up during the actual competition.

Hope they can prove me wrong

I dont agree the team peaked as such,because they never hit the levels the ranking system gave them and everyone got excited about being ranked #1 and having 1 game in every 5match series knocking off a record score but not looking at the bigger picture.

this is pretty much the same team barring maybe 2-3 player swaps from the Champions Trophy 2017,a 50 over ODI tournament played in England, same conditions same pitches etc, you might not remember it much because England actually didnt win it...and funnily enough getting caught with the same problems on the pitch.

so Ive never believed England were favourites to win the competition, and we'd probably make top4 and into the semi finals, just, but that would be as far as they got.

the problem is I think the trickiest game is against NZ, because they play this style of cricket England are finding difficult to handle, which is likely to be the must win game, and even if they get through that and NZ top the group England finish 4th thats then the semi final.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024