Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm 50/50 on Judge 17:48 - Jul 23 with 817 viewsDarth_Koont

He's a great little player and I loved his energy and the excitement whenever he got on the ball.

But ... watching him over the last 4-5 months of the season, he didn't actually contribute a massive amount in real terms. And his energy and always looking for the ball was cancelled out by us being a bit disorganised in possession and a bit gappy and exposed in defence.

I think a lot of that was the team around him not being good enough or confident enough and him trying to do too much on his own. So probably wouldn't be an ongoing problem given we'll be better matched in League One. But I don't think it would do some of our other and younger players any harm to be in a more structured, solid side because when they have found their feet in the side they've looked much better.

Obviously Judge is still an asset and I'm sure we can get a lot out of him this season. But a decent transfer fee and building our side more around the younger assets like Downes, Dozzell, Lankester etc. could offset that.

Pronouns: He/Him

I'm 50/50 on Judge on 18:00 - Jul 23 with 769 viewschristiand

Personally, I think we need to keep Judge and build a side around him. He showed enough in games of his ability and what we forget is he hadn't played regular first team football for a while due to his injury. Some of his touches, passes and delivery were at times terrific to watch, we just weren't good enough to capitalise. However, in a side full of confidence and winning games that can quickly change. He's a key figure for me in going forwards and one that PL was hanging his hat on with his comments for this coming season to galvanise us all. I'd be extremely disappointed if we let him go to QPR, but unfortunately it's ME's Ipswich Town we're talking about and invariably over that period we've done things ar*e about face.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 18:03]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

I'm 50/50 on Judge on 18:06 - Jul 23 with 752 viewsDarth_Koont

I'm 50/50 on Judge on 18:00 - Jul 23 by christiand

Personally, I think we need to keep Judge and build a side around him. He showed enough in games of his ability and what we forget is he hadn't played regular first team football for a while due to his injury. Some of his touches, passes and delivery were at times terrific to watch, we just weren't good enough to capitalise. However, in a side full of confidence and winning games that can quickly change. He's a key figure for me in going forwards and one that PL was hanging his hat on with his comments for this coming season to galvanise us all. I'd be extremely disappointed if we let him go to QPR, but unfortunately it's ME's Ipswich Town we're talking about and invariably over that period we've done things ar*e about face.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 18:03]

I agree with almost everything you say. There's no doubt, he's a good player and he's certainly great to watch.

I'm just not convinced about the overall effect. Arguably, we did build a team around Judge from January onwards but it didn't lead to any improvement in results. Will that change against worse opposition? Or with a clearer focal point in Norwood? Certainly possible.

Pronouns: He/Him

I'm 50/50 on Judge on 18:08 - Jul 23 with 733 viewshampstead_blue

I'm not a fan of the system which puts one up top and one just behind.

I think Judge will go and this could be good for us.
We will maybe then change the system with more firepower up front.

I think a Keane and Norwood duo would be lethal......

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I'm 50/50 on Judge on 18:15 - Jul 23 with 712 viewschristiand

I'm 50/50 on Judge on 18:06 - Jul 23 by Darth_Koont

I agree with almost everything you say. There's no doubt, he's a good player and he's certainly great to watch.

I'm just not convinced about the overall effect. Arguably, we did build a team around Judge from January onwards but it didn't lead to any improvement in results. Will that change against worse opposition? Or with a clearer focal point in Norwood? Certainly possible.

I think in a team full of confidence, you'll see a difference in Judge and our ability to convert chances created, he could be a real game changer for us this season and adds that bit quality which could make a difference in tight games. What I can't understand is this continued 'toing and froing' between Ipswich and QPR. If ME wants to sell AJ tell QPR what his worth is, if they don't match that valuation then jog along! I must say, if he goes, followed by Dozzell it will just burst my bubble of optimism for this season and once again highlight the club's lack of ambition and shortsightedness.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

I'm 50/50 on Judge on 18:17 - Jul 23 with 697 viewsBloomBlue

I think he can certainly do a job for us in L1 but is he as great as some are making out, no.

My concern was last season at Brentford, their fans talked about him being a hero and wished him well but many felt he has lost pace and the ability to finish/score a goal has left him, although it could return.

Yes as I said he could do a job but I'm not convinced he will take L1 by storm. If the price is right I would sell and it seems QPR are about to sell Furlong to WBA so they'll have more money to up the bid to nearer 1million
I'm 50/50 on Judge on 18:29 - Jul 23 with 650 viewsSwansea_Blue

Agree on all points. He’s a reasonable player, and of course we’re better off with him than a non-replacement or utter failure of a free transfer. But I’m a bit perplexed at how he seems to be the Second Coming to some people and we’ll cease to be relevant if he goes.

Maybe he could be/would have been key this season. But let’s not get too carried away. I think the problem is that the benchmark has been set so low as to who constitutes a good player (or equally a good passage of football) that we get a bit carried away with mere average.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024