Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goals here from our 5-0 defeat to Forest in the Community Shield. 22:22 - Aug 3 with 3991 viewsIllinoisblue

How many Town fans were there that day? Terraces look a little sparse.

Calamitous defending starts 37 seconds in:

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Goals here from our 5-0 defeat to Forest in the Community Shield. on 22:04 - Aug 4 with 618 viewsChurchman

Goals here from our 5-0 defeat to Forest in the Community Shield. on 21:52 - Aug 4 by PJH

No, that was Willie Johnston.

Yep, Willie Johnston was that man - another good player of the time. Robertson would probably failed any pie, booze or fags test (as would many players then), but boy, could he play.

78 was the World Cup of Ally’s Army. The Scots talked up their chances so much they virtually had a bus parade before they left for Argentina. Oh how I laughed when it all went pear shaped.
Goals here from our 5-0 defeat to Forest in the Community Shield. on 22:07 - Aug 4 with 614 viewsPJH

Goals here from our 5-0 defeat to Forest in the Community Shield. on 22:04 - Aug 4 by Churchman

Yep, Willie Johnston was that man - another good player of the time. Robertson would probably failed any pie, booze or fags test (as would many players then), but boy, could he play.

78 was the World Cup of Ally’s Army. The Scots talked up their chances so much they virtually had a bus parade before they left for Argentina. Oh how I laughed when it all went pear shaped.

They had one or two good players though.
A choice of Souness, Gemmill, Hartford, Masson and Rioch in midfield plus Dalglish, Jordan and the previously mentioned Robertson and Johnston.
Some good defenders too.
Goals here from our 5-0 defeat to Forest in the Community Shield. on 22:21 - Aug 4 with 594 viewsChurchman

Goals here from our 5-0 defeat to Forest in the Community Shield. on 22:07 - Aug 4 by PJH

They had one or two good players though.
A choice of Souness, Gemmill, Hartford, Masson and Rioch in midfield plus Dalglish, Jordan and the previously mentioned Robertson and Johnston.
Some good defenders too.

Yes, they certainly did. Under achieved really. They always seemed to have a hapless goalkeeper. Kenny Dalglish was one of the best players I ever saw play live. Not sure if Wark and Burley made that squad - I think their time was 82 in Spain but I may be wrong
Goals here from our 5-0 defeat to Forest in the Community Shield. on 22:38 - Aug 4 with 586 viewsThe_Major

Yes, our Charity Shield record is horrendous.

But at least we've got one. Unlike that lot up the road.

(I know it's the smallest of small beers, but we have to take our gloating where we can these days)
Goals here from our 5-0 defeat to Forest in the Community Shield. on 08:21 - Aug 5 with 525 viewsPJH

Goals here from our 5-0 defeat to Forest in the Community Shield. on 22:21 - Aug 4 by Churchman

Yes, they certainly did. Under achieved really. They always seemed to have a hapless goalkeeper. Kenny Dalglish was one of the best players I ever saw play live. Not sure if Wark and Burley made that squad - I think their time was 82 in Spain but I may be wrong

Wark, Burley and Brazil were in the 1982 squad.

Alan Rough was the 1978 goalkeeper.
Goals here from our 5-0 defeat to Forest in the Community Shield. on 08:31 - Aug 5 with 516 viewsHeathlander

thanks for posting this. I don't think I have ever seen the goals before. I was not at the game as we were on holiday at the time. I was 12. Was at the Cup Final in 78 though so I'm not crying myself to sleep over it. :)
Goals here from our 5-0 defeat to Forest in the Community Shield. on 09:02 - Aug 5 with 505 viewsRadlett_blue

Goals here from our 5-0 defeat to Forest in the Community Shield. on 08:21 - Aug 5 by PJH

Wark, Burley and Brazil were in the 1982 squad.

Alan Rough was the 1978 goalkeeper.

Scotland v Iran - "And that seemed to go straight through Alan Rough" as Iran equalise.
Later, some great footage of the hapless Ally MacLeod with his head in his hands, sitting in the dugout while some crazed Jocks give him dog's abuse from a few feet away.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Goals here from our 5-0 defeat to Forest in the Community Shield. on 09:07 - Aug 5 with 499 viewsPJH

Goals here from our 5-0 defeat to Forest in the Community Shield. on 09:02 - Aug 5 by Radlett_blue

Scotland v Iran - "And that seemed to go straight through Alan Rough" as Iran equalise.
Later, some great footage of the hapless Ally MacLeod with his head in his hands, sitting in the dugout while some crazed Jocks give him dog's abuse from a few feet away.

Yes.

Actually their were a hell of a lot of very good Scottish players about in the 1970's and 1980's and most of the leading English teams had two or three of them but all they lacked as a National side was a reliable goalkeeper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024